Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New possible fix to crash at startup - Patch
eskrow Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months ago RE: New possible fix to crash at startup - Patch

What a sad and shameful game release. I get so excited to play it, and then nothing. Is this a helpful comment? Of course not. But you need to be accountable for your mistakes, and accepting negative feedback is part of that.

Your solution is to offer a debug version which will run "much slower"? Oh I can't wait! Are you guys taking bets internally about who will be fired over this?

I tried downloading the .exe and I get

"---------------------------
aamfp.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. "

oh my god. And I try to search your form for "sdl.dll" and I get "One or more of your search terms were shorter than the minimum length".

Slow clap to everyone involved in this release.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 06:26 AM by eskrow.)
09-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Find
tezpull666 Away
Banned

Threads: 15

It didn't work at all! Now it said XINPUT1_3 is missing -_-
09-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Find
someone972 Offline

Threads: 4

(09-12-2013, 07:26 AM)Mike1265 Wrote: It didn't work at all! Now it said XINPUT1_3 is missing -_-
You can fix this by installing the latest DirectX for your OS. Alternatively you can download xinput1_3.dll and copy it into the same directory as the executable, just be careful where you get it from.

(09-12-2013, 06:21 AM)eskrow Wrote: What a sad and shameful game release. I get so excited to play it, and then nothing. Is this a helpful comment? Of course not. But you need to be accountable for your mistakes, and accepting negative feedback is part of that.

Your solution is to offer a debug version which will run "much slower"? Oh I can't wait! Are you guys taking bets internally about who will be fired over this?

I tried downloading the .exe and I get

"---------------------------
aamfp.exe - System Error
---------------------------
The program can't start because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. "

oh my god. And I try to search your form for "sdl.dll" and I get "One or more of your search terms were shorter than the minimum length".

Slow clap to everyone involved in this release.
If it's saying that SDL.dll is missing then you either are missing files and need to reinstall or did not copy it into the proper directory.

On a side note, making games is hard. Debugging is sometimes very hard, especially when you are not running one of the machines where it crashes. Unfortunately it is not possible to avoid having some unforeseen bugs at launch and it takes time to get them fixed, especially when you have a small team.
09-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

The Debugging exe file is for testing/Debugging purposes. It's for the devs to find out what's wrong, not the final executable that you should run in a daily basis to play the game.

Also, don't run it from the desktop or similar but place the file at the game directory. It won't work any other way.
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Find
slikar Offline

Threads: 0

I got the game to work, i got a new CPU and MOBO xD .. i had dual core celeron with HD 2500 graphics and the game didnt start at all. Now i got 4670k and HD4600 graphics , game working easy. I also did windows 7 new clean install. I got GOG version just installed it and play, no patch or some fix. Happy Big Grin
09-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Find