Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

kita
Yeah, it's been brought [p few times.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

Just a few little questions:
Why is there a nest full of the pig hybrids with some of them caged?
And why did the engineer pig (The bigger ones with metal in the face) hit the other one... I thought they work together?

And why exactly did mandus create them? I mean he could have taken normal workers instead...

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Find
Vertical Offline

Threads: 1

All right. So my findings may check out if Kein's timeline hypothesis checks out. My further attempts on research yielded results somewhat familiar with the game's story.

Spoiler below!

Coatlicue – "The patron of women who die in childbirth". According to the legend, she was once impregnanted by a ball of feathers which fell upon her. Her children saw it as a disgraceful way of impregnation, thus they killed their mother.

However, the instant she died, she also gave birth to Huitzilopochtlib. He was "a deity of war, sun, human sacrifice and the patron of the city of Tenochtitlan". "His messenger or impersonator was Paynal". Paynal served as a representative of Huitzlopochtlib.

Let's stop for a while. The goddess would be a patron of Lilibeth. She'd give birth to the new Mandus (horrific perception of people). New Mandus "was born" alongside Paynal (a new part of his personality; messenger, as he's been giving messages to Mandus, and an impersonator, as he's been steering Mandus, taking over his mind, thus the Mandus' disbelief of the committed deeds.

"Huitzilopochtli was said to be in a constant struggle with the darkness and required nourishment in the form of sacrifices to ensure the sun would survive the cycle of 52 years."

No comment. But that connects him with Tlaloc's Fire Ceremony.

"The Great Temple of Tenochtitlan was dedicated to Huitzilopochtli and Tlaloc, the rain god."

Another connection between the two deities. It was the temple where Huitzlipochtli was born out of his dead mother. Mandus' new self's birth. If that checks out, it was the temple Mandus visited. "Twins" who wouldn't bring an end to the world, if only a sufficient sacrifice would be made.

"These two gods were always meant to be together, since they were considered companions of equal power."

But that would mean, it wasn't Paynal who played Mandus. It would be Tlaloc. Or it was Paynal, who wanted to nourish Tlaloc, and doing his job - impersonating Mandus/taking control over him (a long shot) and sending him messages after Mandus' true self (Huitzilopochtli) woke up after sabotaging the machine that was built for... Tlaloc, who wouldn't then bring the end of the world - kind of the fire ceremony. Mandus killed himself. (Huitzilopochtli killed himself, also killing Paynal, who couldn't exist without him). Tlaloc wouldn't be satisfied, and so all the horrors of XX century began to happen.

So yeah. A lot of allusions. In a nutshell: Mandus true self - Huitzlopochtlib; Mandus ill self/engineer - Paynal; Machine or only its purpose - Tlaloc.

EDIT: Oh, and Huitzilopochtli killed the children, who killed his mother. Mandus' twins killed their mother, whose patron was mother of Huitz... Sorry for any unnecessary complications.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM by Vertical.)
09-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Find
Corbent Offline

Threads: 1

(09-14-2013, 07:37 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Just a few little questions:
And why did the engineer pig (The bigger ones with metal in the face) hit the other one... I thought they work together?

And why exactly did mandus create them? I mean he could have taken normal workers instead...

1.- Since I missed some "artwork" with my uber cautious playstyle I'm not sure I could give a trustworthy answer to this one.

2.- Since it stated that they retain some childish behaviour from their humanity it wouldn't be strange for them to fight with each other for meaningless reasons.

3.- Mandus states in notes that humans are troublesome and unreliable (I suppose even more if you have a factory processing human beings). He said pigs are more docile and loyal. So he made hybrids since pigs alone weren't useful enough. They blindly obey the machine, which orders them to kill you. Another use for the pigs was to later release them and start destroying the humanity as witnessed at some point in the game.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 08:02 PM by Corbent.)
09-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Find
rotten Offline

Threads: 0

Vertical
Nice findings, man! I'd say Huitzilopochtlib is the Egg/Orb and Paynal is Mandus, but I'm really not sure.
09-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(09-14-2013, 07:59 PM)Corbent Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 07:37 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: Just a few little questions:

1.- Since I missed some "artwork" with my uber cautious playstyle I'm not sure I could give a trustworthy answer to this one.

2.- Since it stated that they retain some childish behaviour from their humanity it wouldn't be strange for them to fight with each other for meaningless reasons.

3.- Mandus states in notes that humans are troublesome and unreliable (I suppose even more if you have a factory processing human beings). He said pigs are more docile and loyal. So he made hybrids since pigs alone weren't useful enough. They blindly obey the machine, which orders them to kill you. Another use for the pigs was to later release them and start destroying the humanity as witnessed at some point in the game.

But why do they obey the machine if mandus told them to work at his factory?
If their humanity remains after the change, why are they so aggressive...

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(09-14-2013, 08:32 PM)BossPiggy Wrote: But why do they obey the machine if mandus told them to work at his factory?
If their humanity remains after the change, why are they so aggressive...

They recognize Mandus?

EDIT: Since fiction tends to feature characters with meaningful names, I decided to see if Ozzy's name had anything more than a reference to Ozymandias. Oswald apparently means "divine ruler", while Mandus is derivative of Amandus or "lovable".
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 08:51 PM by Alardem.)
09-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
mminecraftfan Offline

Threads: 2

Guys i found something from amnesia the dark descent in aamfp (see screenshots in attachments)

Attached Files
.png   pig 1.png (Size: 228.31 KB / Downloads: 308)
.png   pig 2.png (Size: 189.23 KB / Downloads: 273)
09-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(09-14-2013, 08:40 PM)Alardem Wrote: EDIT: Since fiction tends to feature characters with meaningful names, I decided to see if Ozzy's name had anything more than a reference to Ozymandias. Oswald apparently means "divine ruler", while Mandus is derivative of Amandus or "lovable".

Now that's interesting.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 09:13 PM by Draug.)
09-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Find
rotten Offline

Threads: 0

mminecraftfan
About the grunt... if I'm not mistaken his body can be seen somewhere in the sewers (someone mentioned it here).

Then, the Gent must be the guy in the streets when pigmen break loose.
09-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Find