Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Vertical Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

I've mentioned. I've found him probably in the Sewers or the Bilge. Though what I've seen would be a piece of his head - those characteristic hair and skin.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 09:23 PM by Vertical.)
09-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(09-14-2013, 09:15 PM)rotten Wrote: mminecraftfan
About the grunt... if I'm not mistaken his body can be seen somewhere in the sewers (someone mentioned it here).

Then, the Gent must be the guy in the streets when pigmen break loose.

Well yeh. Gent means " Gentlemen" i guess. Its that guy being slaughtered by a pigman up on a building way.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

What about the kaernk in the Sewers?

It's the same type of creature that haunted down Daniel but only faster and electric.

It's might not be a big deal in the overall story but it does connect TDD with AMFP

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Vertical
Sorry bud, but Lily was Mandus' WIFE, not mother. She gave birth to Edwin and Enoch and died during the process (some say there was 3 child).

(09-14-2013, 10:00 PM)LarryV Wrote: What about the kaernk in the Sewers?
It's the same type of creature that haunted down Daniel but only faster and electric.
It's might not be a big deal in the overall story but it does connect TDD with AMFP

it is "evolved" teslapig (or, rather, "overheated", unstable version of a pig), read the notes.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 10:08 PM by Kein.)
09-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Find
Vertical Offline

(09-14-2013, 10:05 PM)Kein Wrote: Vertical
Sorry bud, but Lily was Mandus' WIFE, not mother. She gave birth to Edwin and Enoch and died during the process (some say there was 3 child).

I'm not denying facts. Lily was the mother of Mandus' children. She during the childbirth (children were the reason why she died) that is comparable to the death of Coatlicue, who died "thanks" to her children, while giving birth to Huitzilopochtli.

Now, Lily's death struck Mandus. He hated his children. He started hating all kinds of people = just as if a new person was born at the moment Lily died.

Huitzilopochtli killed the children who killed their mother. Mandus also killed the children who "killed" their mother. He didn't do it as Lily's husband, he did it as the person, her death gave birth to. That's what I tried to point out at the end of my last post, though I admit, it can be confusing.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 10:25 PM by Vertical.)
09-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

it is "evolved" teslapig (or, rather, "overheated", unstable version of a pig), read the notes.
I did read the notes but an overheated teslapig that's invisible and can breath under water?

That's doesn't vibe with me.

We know that a Gatherer (grunt I think) got sent to Mandus and who knows what else hitched a ride in that crate. I say it's a kaernk that adapted to its surroundings.

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 10:23 PM by LarryV.)
09-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

I can't think of any other reason why the Kaernk would be "electric" except for them swapping dimensions like the Tesla pigs. It's definitely not explained in the notes.

As to why there are Kaernk in the sewers in the first place, Mandus could be making Weyer's Tonic which has Kaernk saliva as one of its ingredients.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
09-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Find
LarryV Offline

(09-14-2013, 10:19 PM)LarryV Wrote:

I did read the notes but an overheated teslapig that's invisible and can breath under water?

That's doesn't vibe with me.

We know that a Gatherer (grunt I think) got sent to Mandus and who knows what else hitched a ride in that crate. I say it's a kaernk that adapted to its surroundings.
Let me take this even further.

Let's say it is an older version of the manpigs, then it would, A. Be invisible, B. Float on water (just look at the water when it's coming at you) C. If not B, somehow breath underwater or be tall enough to see past the excrement. Because that filth down in the sewer is rather tall and it can cover you up.

I can't believe (within the realm of this universe) and I do believe it's a kaernk because it as all the signs one. The only BIG differences is the electricity and how fast they are. And they only attack when Mandus is in the filth.

Let's fight.
Them's fighin' words.
09-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Find
WISHBLADE Offline

Hi everyone, hope you're having, or had, a good time with AAMFP
Let me introduce myself. I've been a forum lurker for quite a long time now.
But now, after playing this game, I felt the need to get out of my self - induced silent state and speak my mind =P

I just want to throw my 2 cents about this game's story, since it made a real impact on me. I really liked this game.

-We already know by now about the expedition Oswald made to Mexico, the temples and that he probably found an orb that made him insane, killed his children because of his hallucinations, etc.

-Then he goes back ot London, scared to death by this peek at the future, and starts building a machine to quell the masses and start a new, peaceful century. (At least I think that's his plan)

-Someone already mentioned that the orb gave him a split personality and that the character you control is most likely one part of himself. His body is on the metal lung, and you are controlling his "soul" or what's left of it.

Think about it, and remember: there are parts of the game where you are exploring an area, and then you suddenly find yourself in an inaccesible area or a place you couldn't enter before.
(The best example that comes ot mind is when you're mixing the compund to destroy the lock)
You end up in the mixing machine and exit through a door, but that door wasn't there before.

There are a lot of those cases in the game, so maybe Oswald's mind or soul was trapped in the alternate dimension, and since the piggies are able to warp between them, or at least have a look in there, because of the compound that was used to create them, they can see you, follow you, and hinder you. Not kill you.

If you were killed at least once, you know we don't start the game at the last save point, you start in a cage, locked room, etc.

So I don't think you can be killed. Just hindered. The machine wants to get a headstart so it can complete his work. That is, drive you insane before you realize what's going on, so you can complete the task of unleashing pigpocalypse on the world.

So, lets sum up my theory:

Oswald goes insane, builds the machine along with his split personality. Needs a leader, or someone to command it, so he enters the metal lung, probably drinking some amnesia potion. This produces an unexpected effect. The "human" part of Oswald is separated from his body, and he lives everything that happens in game so he can make a decision: To give up his life for everyone he cares for, or to end the world as we know it, casting his emotions aside, and begin a new era of "mindless, peaceful pigs".

That's about it, sorry for the long post.
09-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-14-2013, 10:19 PM)Vertical Wrote:

I'm not denying facts. Lily was the mother of Mandus' children. She during the childbirth (children were the reason why she died) that is comparable to the death of Coatlicue, who died "thanks" to her children, while giving birth to Huitzilopochtli.

Now, Lily's death struck Mandus. He hated his children. He started hating all kinds of people = just as if a new person was born at the moment Lily died.

Huitzilopochtli killed the children who killed their mother. Mandus also killed the children who "killed" their mother. He didn't do it as Lily's husband, he did it as the person, her death gave birth to. That's what I tried to point out at the end of my last post, though I admit, it can be confusing.

Yeah, I thought you meant more metaphorical, but wasn't sure since you didn't use quotations.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Find