Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

(09-23-2013, 12:33 PM)rotten Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Fortigurn,
Also, how did he revive his children, if all he had was shattered skulls buried in the garden, while their hearts were eaten and their ribcages are in Mexico?

Spoiler below!
He built them new bodies and put their souls in the new bodies.

Quote:
Spoiler below!
So it is impossible for him to bring his children back with help of Compound X. He could only bring their souls back with the help from the Orb and put them inside other bodies, presumably mechanic, but this is not referenced in the game.

Spoiler below!
I believe it is referenced in the game. He speaks specifically of building mechanical body parts in the context of mourning his dead children.

* "Bandaged feet and eyes, small bones in the orchard, I have carried this world on my back with its legs about me. Damn this wretched soul, I am given birth to nothing but machinery"

* "a toy spine, clockwork intricate, like a child's spine, but clockwork. How could that be? How could a child's spine be made like clockwork?"
09-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Find
rotten Offline

Threads: 0

Fortigurn,
Honestly, I don't think the first quote is relevant. The second one - maybe. But in the ending scene, the children do not look like machinery at all.
09-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

(09-23-2013, 01:10 PM)rotten Wrote: Fortigurn,
Honestly, I don't think the first quote is relevant. The second one - maybe. But in the ending scene, the children do not look like machinery at all.

Well we don't exactly get a great look at them, and since they're clothed it's not easy to tell what's underneath.
09-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

The reason why you have Amnesia is that you sabotaged the Machine, which delivered you a nasty electric shock. The opening sequence, with the Machine begging for its life and tesla coils going haywire, isn't merely a dream - it's actually your last remaining memory.
09-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

(09-23-2013, 02:14 PM)Alardem Wrote: The reason why you have Amnesia is that you sabotaged the Machine, which delivered you a nasty electric shock. The opening sequence, with the Machine begging for its life and tesla coils going haywire, isn't merely a dream - it's actually your last remaining memory.

Yes that makes much more sense to me than the suggestion
Spoiler below!
"You don't have amnesia"
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2013, 02:30 PM by Fortigurn.)
09-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:I do agree that a collection of all the notes and passages on a timeline would be most helpful...
I already made one? Or you mean personal notes?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Find
rotten Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah, as someone doubted, that there were no mentionning that Mandus gave life to the Machine with the blood, here's the quote:
"Until you steeped me in the blood of your own I was nothing but rotten architecture."

Also, all the Journal entries, Notes, Phonograph recordings and the Machine's quotes can be found at http://amnesia.wikia.com/
09-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Find
SliceAndDice Offline

Threads: 1

Sooo... I finally finished the game and I guess I missed a few things. I'll ask here since I'm way too lazy to plow through 62 pages.

Mandus sacrificed his children infront of the giant temple, that he called "his/their" Mexico, beneath London and NOT actually in Mexico. So I was wondering if he has ever been to Mexico or if he just lost his mind completely after his wife died and made it all up? But where would he get the two Orbs from that you can see floating in the centre of the temple if he has never really been there..?

Also.. Who was the person in the final room, shortly before the temple? Was it Mandus? If so, how? Or was it his dead wife and an attempt to revive her somehow? I can't really think of anything logical regarding that person. I'm not even shure if (s)he was still alive or not.
09-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:Also.. Who was the person in the final room, shortly before the temple? Was it Mandus? If so, how? Or was it his dead wife and an attempt to revive her somehow? I can't really think of anything logical regarding that person. I'm not even shure if (s)he was still alive or not.
So far we still have no idea, only assumptions.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Find
SliceAndDice Offline

Threads: 1

The Wiki isn't helping either. It's "The Engineer" as in another part of Mandus' personality? But that still doesn't explain the body or who it was.

I also don't really get the whole "rebuilt his dead children" thing... I thought those were just visions or memories resurfacing until he finally remembered what he had done.
09-23-2013, 09:21 PM
Find