Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Some new ideal for frictional games
zecuro Offline

Threads: 33
Some new ideal for frictional games

Hey everyone i was wondering if anyone had some ramdom ideal on what the next amnesia should be on..share your ideal just for fun !!!!

Not only on story but on gameplay too

Sorry for my bad english
09-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Some new ideal for frictional games

It seems like it's going to be some sort of Sci-fi game.
The super secret project.

Trying is the first step to success.
09-12-2013, 06:43 AM
Find
zecuro Offline

Threads: 33

(09-12-2013, 06:43 AM)Darth FlawlessHair Wrote: It seems like it's going to be some sort of Sci-fi game.
The super secret project.

Could be great something about alien i think they could pull up something awesome it will be totally diferrent from the other type of story could be very interesting
09-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Seems like another first-person adventure-horror game with Lovecraftian overtones - I'm excited to see that it may be more futuristic. I always preferred Penumbra's modern setting over Amnesia's gothic/steampunk aesthetic. Perhaps this can create a trilogy of horror franchises for Frictional - Amnesia being the past, Penumbra being the present, and this project representing the future.

I wonder what gameplay twists will be here. No insanity meter? Reimplementation of combat? Actual interaction with friendly characters?
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 07:36 AM by Alardem.)
09-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Find
Toothbrush Offline

Threads: 1

I honoustly hope Frictional never goes sci-fi...(most sci-fi games feature shiney spacematerial surfaces, laserslights and a lotta bleep, bleep, pew, pew...In my opinion that would reduce the fearlevel immediately)
Not saying I dont like sci-fi, but in my opinion it would not fit the breathtaking immersive style Frictional has...for some reason the Victorian Age seems more fitting imo for this type of game ; the candlelit corridors, the sound of wooden floorpanels cracking, stone rubble collapsing/shaking, etc.
One of the reasons that I love the Amnesia games is the fact that they go back in history...therefor I'd love them to take a deeper dive into history!

Imagine a Stone Age horror survival game : you wake up at some godforsaken cave full of mammoth crap...but practically that would be a bit tricky perhaps, since in that age the speach and writing skills of our overated species wasnt so highly developped , and telling a story with just growling and barking voiceactors would be hard i guess (subtitles could solve that, but that would reduce the immersive feeling too much ....)
The Middle Ages might be an interesting also, a lotta torturing and killing done by both protestant and catholic church...The witch hunt, forced conversions, hanging of non believers, combined with the black plague is an inspiration source for any horrorloving person imo.
Saw someone complaining about the fact that the characters in Frictional Games are mostly male, for that person it might be nice to make an Amnesia based on the Jack the Ripper story, but then take it over the top ! Run or get rapekilled! This sounds very sexistic probably, but since its a fact that a lotta women fantasize about being raped, this might even appeal to female gamers !
Perhaps the Rennaisance might be an interesting age for a Frictional Game too...the age in which the printing press, gunpowder, compasses, paper where invented in Europe.
Saw some videos recorded in (abandonded)antic mental hospitals, those places are just plain creepy, so perhaps an Amnesia which sets off in one of those would be awesome....Shock therapy and other "therapies" where just barbaric torturing exercised by so called civilised men.
Gameplay wise I think they dont need to change that much, allthought perhaps levels with flooded tunnels would be nice too, since swimming underwater is time limited due to lung capacity...I recall myself panicing in some other game where you had to swim to reach another part of the cave system, that would be nice in an Amnesia game, I think...
While trying to think up something for this reply, my respect for Frictional Games grew a bit more, since its obvious not that easy to find a setting for a game in which you cant shoot yourself through an army of zombies or whatnot, seems harder then it looks at first.
That's my 2 cents for now...
09-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

You're fucking gross. Get your rape jokes out of here, pig.

Science-fiction often goes hand in hand with horror. Pinchbeck of TCR recently wrote a book on Doom in which he describes Doom 3 as an underrated horror experience, and I'm inclined to agree. System Shock 2 comes to mind. It's very easy to imagine the terror of being an unarmed, vulnerable, squishy human being utterly alone in a setting where even hardened space marines fear to tread.

Nonetheless, I'm not thinking of a crazy space adventure. More like a story set a decade or two from now, on this very planet. A near-futuristic take on The Mountains of Madness?
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2013, 08:44 AM by Alardem.)
09-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(09-12-2013, 08:34 AM)Toothbrush Wrote: I honoustly hope Frictional never goes sci-fi...(most sci-fi games feature shiney spacematerial surfaces, laserslights and a lotta bleep, bleep, pew, pew...In my opinion that would reduce the fearlevel immediately)

You're just being really cliche with your idea of sci-fi, I think sci-fi horror FG style would be great, who knows what interesting ideas they come up with.

Who says sci-fi is all lasers and shiny metal anyway? Sci-fi can be anything imagined hence the word FICTION; it's different and unique. TDD and AMFP contains sci-fi elements by the way.
09-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Find
Toothbrush Offline

Threads: 1

(09-12-2013, 08:47 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(09-12-2013, 08:34 AM)Toothbrush Wrote: I honoustly hope Frictional never goes sci-fi...(most sci-fi games feature shiney spacematerial surfaces, laserslights and a lotta bleep, bleep, pew, pew...In my opinion that would reduce the fearlevel immediately)

You're just being really cliche with your idea of sci-fi, I think sci-fi horror FG style would be great, who knows what interesting ideas they come up with.

Who says sci-fi is all lasers and shiny metal anyway? Sci-fi can be anything imagined hence the word FICTION; it's different and unique. TDD and AMFP contains sci-fi elements by the way.

I often ventilate opinions that are cliche and might even seem prejudiced, but that's all for discussion's sake...

You're absolutely right when stating that TDD and AMFP also contain fictional elements, but the majority of their worlds are packed with "rl" elements from this world's history.
The Hiëronymus Bosch painting at the mansion in AMFP e.g. for me personal makes it an unique and very real feeling experience...

And even if FG's next game would be sci-fi, i'd probably blindly purchase it nevertheless, but just prefer the way their games look atm...that's all
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8

Hopefully they will announce something about the secret project soon... Sci-fi would be good but i'm looking forward to the better graphics and a more realistic engine!
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Website Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(09-12-2013, 12:55 PM)Darkchef Wrote: Hopefully they will announce something about the secret project soon... Sci-fi would be good but i'm looking forward to the better graphics and a more realistic engine!

You seem to have some preconceived ideas that a new engine somehow means better graphics - like that matters - and more realism.
If the graphics and realism is the same as TDD or Penumbra why should that matter? Surely the graphics of a game isn't the point of the game, right?
09-12-2013, 02:52 PM
Find