Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which protagonist do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mandus
42.11%
56 42.11%
Daniel
57.89%
77 57.89%
Total 133 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Daniel vs Mandus
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Daniel vs Mandus

Daniel. More humane.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

(10-20-2013, 02:53 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Daniel. More humane.

“Humane, professor? That we judge the acceptable level of suffering by the human condition? Ask the beggar, Professor. Ask the orphan, ask the whore. Ask the starving, professor, the weak, the sick, the filthy. Ask them to define your humane.”

-Mandus

Sorry, couldn't resist lol.
10-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(10-20-2013, 03:26 PM)Cuyir Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 02:53 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Daniel. More humane.

“Humane, professor? That we judge the acceptable level of suffering by the human condition? Ask the beggar, Professor. Ask the orphan, ask the whore. Ask the starving, professor, the weak, the sick, the filthy. Ask them to define your humane.”

-Mandus

Sorry, couldn't resist lol.

He can empathize. At least Daniel was under Alexander's bidding. Mandus was all like "Fuck this".

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Daniel was dumb enough to kidnap an innocent family and murder a little girl, and not strong enough to deal with that knowledge.

This is a moot point, really. They're both vile characters in their own manner prior to their gaining amnesia - Mandus is a misanthrope with a savior complex and access to extremely potent killing machines, while Daniel's cowardice meant the painful death of dozens. Mandus was lucky enough to literally split his soul in half, while Daniel was effectively the same person except without his memories.

I didn't include Justine in this poll, but I actually like her character a lot. Despite being more fragile than the likes of the men, she at least manages to keep her faculties when confronted by monsters and, just like Daniel, she can be played as a selfless, compassionate person. The only problem is that she never attempts redemption like Oswald or Danny. She revels in her evil, rather than coming up with silly rationalizations or trying to stick her head in the sand.
10-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Find
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3

(10-20-2013, 06:20 PM)Alardem Wrote: I didn't include Justine in this poll, but I actually like her character a lot. Despite being more fragile than the likes of the men, she at least manages to keep her faculties when confronted by monsters and, just like Daniel, she can be played as a selfless, compassionate person. The only problem is that she never attempts redemption like Oswald or Danny. She revels in her evil, rather than coming up with silly rationalizations or trying to stick her head in the sand.

Just wanted to ask for elaboration on this part: "more fragile than the likes of men?" Justine's not even my favorite character, and this isn't some sort of GURL POWER attack, but that seems a little off. Even if she is a woman, in Victorian times no less, she never came off as fragile. She's highly (even dangerously) self confident, manipulative, has a sense of control on anything she wants to take hold of and comfortable with her power over men. Enough to even play the part of the 'weak wimmens' role ("Wine is for helpless women, like myself!") just to get what she wants.

Unless you mean to apply that comment to the self-inflicted Amnesiac version of Justine or her childhood self? Then I can agree, she does come off as fragile then.

And to stay on topic with the thread: Daniel wins hands down. More human, more alive as a character, more depth than Mandus. Just plain more likable as well.
10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(10-20-2013, 08:14 PM)LuckyBlackCatXIII Wrote: And to stay on topic with the thread: Daniel wins hands down. More human, more alive as a character, more depth than Mandus. Just plain more likable as well.
Of course you'd say that about yourself.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Find
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0

Justine is a crazy bitch. How is she fragile?

Daniel is the one who's fragile out of the three. (:
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 08:36 PM by Mechavomit.)
10-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Find
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3

(10-20-2013, 08:22 PM)Chronofrog Wrote: Of course you'd say that about yourself.

Of course I would Wink
10-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

I kinda prefer Mandus more than Daniel.
10-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

@Alardem: Agreed for you word for word till you mentioned Justine.

She was absolutely bonkers. It's why I liked her. Females (in my opinion) don't really get many opportunities to be a flat out evil and crazy character, so seeing how she ended up being was pretty nice.

I didn't like Daniel cause he was a coward and yadda yadda. Mandus on the other hand was a vile vile vile man and I loved that about him. He only showed remorse when it was obvious that he was the ''good"parts of Mandus while the Machine held all his ideals and passion; so in a way, Mandus always lived up to his actions while Daniel was just...well...i've said enough about him to send the point home haha.

@Mecha: Yeah, Daniel was definitely the fragile protagonist between the three. Even Philip had a hardier personality (but then again, Philip was educated and that helps).
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 10:03 PM by Cuyir.)
10-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Find