Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu Background is Missing!!
Elijah.the.Mango Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Menu Background is Missing!!

I just started AAMFP, and got to the menu. Everything on the menu works except for one thing:the background. It's missing entirely. It's just a black screen. This worries me, and I don't know if this will mess up the rest of the game or not.

Another problem is also, I can't get past the first cutscene. The audio works fine, but (SPOILERS) once it gets to the quote at the beginning, all I see is the red fog that appears, but nothing else. It seems like the game just stops running there and freezes, but I'm still able to get to the menu just fine.

Any replies would be much appreciated. Big Grin
09-15-2013, 06:06 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 10 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Menu Background is Missing!!

Most probably your gpu drivers are not working properly. Go HERE and check Question 3 to learn how to fix your corrupted graphics card drivers.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 06:16 PM by plutomaniac.)
09-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Find
Elijah.the.Mango Offline

Threads: 1

(09-15-2013, 06:15 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Most probably your gpu drivers are not working properly. Go HERE and check Question 3 to learn how to fix your corrupted graphics card drivers.

First, thx for the reply.
Second, my graphics driver is: Intel HD graphics. Could the solution just be that I have to update the graphics driver I currently have, or is my driver corrupted?

Only reason I'm asking is because, well....first, im not a tech geek, and the computer i run AAMFP on is my school computer. Problem A3 requires that I completely uninstall my graphics driver, and I don't know if that's just going to mess up my computer to the point where I can't use it anymore......

ik, im a noob... Undecided
09-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Intel graphics cards are generally not supported due to problems. If you have the 1st gen Intel HD graphics (not 2000,3000 or 4000) then the game might not work at all due to old/bad drivers together with a weak card. All you can do is make sure you have the latest Intel HD drivers installed using the have disk method as mentioned HERE . Set the graphics to the lowest level and hope for the best. Other than that nothing more can be done for Intel cards.
09-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Find