Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

(10-03-2013, 03:44 PM)The chaser Wrote: May I ask you how did you do it? I have tried many things but none worked...

For the most part i just export it like i do any other, non-animated model. I can't provide any more detail because i am not sure of what exactly you're trying to do or of the issues you're running into.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Website Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

I fail at this... but what's wrong?

I removed all the .msh and .anm files from the updated redist thing, and I can acces the static objects but not the entities? wat.

This video may explain it.

- Inactive account -
10-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Find
Simba Offline

Threads: 1

I get the same error it happens with Enemy and character Maid/Gent/wrench(forgot this one)
On top of it i removed all the .msh and AMN files and still didnt help me at all cause the integrity check ruined it :/
cause i was playing CS and it crashes so i had to do a Integrity check and that brought the MSH files back ...
wich is crashing my character folder in Entities
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2013, 02:55 AM by Simba.)
10-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(10-03-2013, 10:39 PM)Zandrojakov Wrote: I fail at this... but what's wrong?

I removed all the .msh and .anm files from the updated redist thing, and I can acces the static objects but not the entities? wat.

This video may explain it.

(10-04-2013, 02:54 AM)simba Wrote: I get the same error it happens with Enemy and character Maid/Gent/wrench(forgot this one)
On top of it i removed all the .msh and AMN files and still didnt help me at all cause the integrity check ruined it :/
cause i was playing CS and it crashes so i had to do a Integrity check and that brought the MSH files back ...
wich is crashing my character folder in Entities

It's probably some non-compatible ent files causing the problems (probably children and the Maid/Gent). Delete the problematic ent-files and create new ones by importing their models into the model editor.

I'll add a proper error message in the next update so it's easy to tell which entity is causing the issue.
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I can't load the Lamp category in the Entities category in the Level Editor without it having a Blackbox error.

OFFTOPIC:
Do you know what door frame that fits a door (Mansionbase). Gimme a list of it.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

(10-04-2013, 09:32 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: I can't load the Lamp category in the Entities category in the Level Editor without it having a Blackbox error.

(10-04-2013, 02:54 AM)simba Wrote: I get the same error it happens with Enemy and character Maid/Gent/wrench(forgot this one)

(10-03-2013, 10:39 PM)Zandrojakov Wrote: I fail at this... but what's wrong?

Are you sure you're using the 130930 version and removed all the msh and anm files? I'm unable to reproduce this in the latest version. Undecided
10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(10-03-2013, 04:02 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 03:44 PM)The chaser Wrote: May I ask you how did you do it? I have tried many things but none worked...

For the most part i just export it like i do any other, non-animated model. I can't provide any more detail because i am not sure of what exactly you're trying to do or of the issues you're running into.

In that case, may I know how did you exactly did it? I would like to know how to animate stuff for Amnesia, this is something big for me :D

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(10-04-2013, 01:40 PM)The chaser Wrote: In that case, may I know how did you exactly did it? I would like to know how to animate stuff for Amnesia, this is something big for me Big Grin

Well, for the very simple cube animation (the cube was extruded a few times), i just relied on parenting the armature with automatic weights. I didn't bother with any IK constraints. The monkey had everything already set (i.e. armature parented to the mesh, the weights for the bones, IK constraints, etc), and i just needed to apply the transformations (e.g. location, rotation, scale) to the mesh for it to work like it does in Blender. For the one i'm working on for my custom story, i just imported the corpse male and applied IK constraints to it to make it easier to animate, and it imports perfectly into the patched model editor. To insert a keyframe in the timeline, hit I on the keyboard and pick LocRotScale.

Here's a video you can use for learning more about animating stuff in Blender: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiL8BI3vGD4

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

"ERROR: Couldn't texture 'C:/Users/sindre/Desktop/Sindre/Freelance/Amnesia SVN/pig/Game/redist/textures/envmaps/de_skybox.dds'"
This shouldn't happen.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
10-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

(10-05-2013, 01:15 PM)nemesis567 Wrote:
"ERROR: Couldn't texture 'C:/Users/sindre/Desktop/Sindre/Freelance/Amnesia SVN/pig/Game/redist/textures/envmaps/de_skybox.dds'"
This shouldn't happen.

I need more information. When does that happen? Did you copy the textures folder from AMFP? It should contain that file.
10-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Find