Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A theory/hypothesis
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
A theory/hypothesis

You guys know that the Expanding Universe theory (or as you might have known it, the Big Bang theory) is a plausible origin for the Universe right?

What if it never started? What if it's always there?

One theory/hypothesis that I have is that the Universe IS ALWAYS there. But, it expands then collapsed on itself, and shrunken down to a small point in which it expands again.
The Universe is eternal. But it collapsed and re-expanding for so many, that it creates the illusion of a starting Universe.

And that's my theory.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
RE: A theory/hypothesis

I like your theory, it makes me think of the universe as a beating heart.
10-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I stopped thinking about the origin of the Universe a long time ago, simply because one question led to another and I just couldn't care less anymore.
The idea of something coming from nothing confuses me immensely though.

10-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Lawrence Krauss has a fairly recent book about that very question, Ash. I don't understand any of it, of course haha. But the gist of it is, there's no such thing as "nothingness" in the universe, in that even empty space is a bubbling soup of quantum particles, constantly popping in and out of existence (apparently to/from nowhere). Empty spaces weighs something, in other words.

I'm sure that clears everything up for you XD

EDIT: Here's Lawrence giving a talk on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EilZ4VY5Vs
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 03:54 PM by Paddy™.)
10-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I have been thinking, what if the universe/time never started or ends, but rather what if it goes in a loop?

Might be pretty hard to imagine but perhaps if we wait long enough things would end up in the exact same way they were at whatever point in time you wish to call the beginning( When it goes in a loop theres not really a beginning so its subjective).
If things end up in the exact same way(AND I MEAN ABSELUTELY EVERYTHING, EVEN YOUR THOUGHTS) then what follows should also be the extact same, unless we want to start discussion whether theres such a thing as free will and randomness.
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Sincerely, I find that the universe is like a beating heart too, but I think we will never really know what caused it, or what it exactly is, as our mind is way too small to understand it.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I was gonna ask why you made new thread about the same subject but then I started to think that doesn't make sense since this is thread about your own theory, which then makes this whole post kinda useless but I'm still trying to put some useful information into it. There, I said it.

10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Website Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

IF this hypothesis is true, this could explain how:

- The Universe is scaled down
- Time starts

and more.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
10-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

I believe that the universe hits the restart button from time to time.

"Our" Big Bang might have just been the restart button being hit. It should have started at SOME time, not just always existed so that's what I think.
10-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

I believe the recent findings might disagree with the big bang correctly.

And how is your mind small? Can you find anything bigger? Fuck, just aknowledge what it allows you to perceive. As far as you know everything could just be your mind and simple perceptions. The mind is probably the biggest think you've ever known. It can very likely hold the entire universe.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 02:57 PM by nemesis567.)
10-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Find