Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

ALIEN: Isolation
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: ALIEN: Isolation

It's hardly a secret that you get a flamethrower.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
10-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(10-18-2014, 02:30 PM)i3670 Wrote: Wow, this game really sinks after getting the flamethrower. It just degrades the Alien from being this ultimate killing machine to a naughty dog that you hit with a stick into submission.

I'd have to disagree.

The Flamethrower I've come to realize essentially becomes a 80% reliable second bar of HP depending on how much fuel you have, and if you are fast enough with your trigger finger.

While it will be sufficient to scare the Alien away it becomes extremely noticeable after several uses that it has two major downsides:

1. The fuel burns away like crazy making you realize that you should not use it unless you absolutely have to.

2. Deciding to burn the Alien instead of waiting for it to go away on its own will result in it deciding to come back MUCH faster than the latter, usually almost right away. This can often result in a spiral of disaster for most players since they will keep burning the Alien after they come back so quickly which will result in their fuel burning away really fast, and eventually having none left. In the end they will realize that it is best to not burn the Alien at all.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-19-2014, 12:08 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Depends on how efficently you use it. I just click the trigger and burn like 1-2 fuel. 3 times and the Alien scampers into a vent. 3*2=6 fuel. and if you have 500 fuel that's like 50 times you can do that.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
10-19-2014, 01:28 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

I am impressed how well this game is optimized. On my rig this game runs 60's even on 2560 x 1440 resolution. And 30's on 4k isn't bad neither. I am at the beginning, so I cannot say much. However, the ambience is somewhat cliched, in my opinion, and it takes too much from Dead Space from instance. The fact that I am already used to it brings the overall tension a little down, and it seems less what Amnesia has to offer. But maybe this is because of a thing called "space horror", I don't know.
11-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Find