Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
What do you hope to see and not see in SOMA?
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15
RE: What do you hope to see and not see in SOMA?

I just want really solid puzzles, like Penumbra had, with horrifying atmosphere and monsters.
08-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Find
Nemesis2.0 Offline

Threads: 1

SOMA Gampley Teaser Trailer:

Imho the protagonist shouldn't say a word. I don't want to listen to stuff that is on the protagonist's mind because then i am not the protagonist of this game anymore. in comparison this is quite similiar the difference between an ego and a third person shooter. I hope that makes sense to you guys.

What's bad too is the redundant stuff he is saying : ( This ruins the atmosphere, for me at least. it reminds me of the first cut of the movie blade runner, when harrison ford does the redundant voice over. omg ... and all i do is watching this with a facepalm...
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 03:28 PM by Nemesis2.0.)
09-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

It has been said (over and over) that the gameplay teaser's character and general scenario will not be part of the game.

It was just an engine teaser.

Now do I want a person that talks to himself/herself?

Hrmmm.

Yes.

But in a believable manner, not mentioning every little thing that comes to mind.

Penumbra did it perfectly I thought with the little thought "bubbles".
09-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Find
Nemesis2.0 Offline

(09-02-2014, 04:00 PM)Cuyir Wrote: It has been said (over and over) that the gameplay teaser's character and general scenario will not be part of the game.

if i had known that... u know..

but glad to know now
09-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Although the character in the teaser trailer is not the character we'll be playing in the final game, our character in SOMA will be speaking and offering thoughts on his situation and environment (as well as talking to other characters he meets in the game). According to the following preview article, the character's speech is still undergoing some tweaks:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-0...-game-soma

That particular previewer doesn't seem to be a fan of Simon's voice, but his preview is written roughly a year before the game is expected to be finished, so there's plenty of time for FG to receive feedback and find a nice balance for Simon's incidental chatter.

While I agree that a talking protagonist has the potential to ruin the immersion, it's not like Daniel and Oswald didn't speak a fair amount in the Amnesia games already. I think the main difference there was that they were talking during "events", rather than commenting on random things which don't move the story along. If Daniel had been saying "hmm, more bookshelves..." as you walked through the rooms, that would have been annoying and immersion-breaking. I hope Simon doesn't do that.

09-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Find
Darkspellbound Offline

Threads: 7

Sanity gone low for long time will cause hallucination of there is a way to escape but *pop* Big Grineath End.
09-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Find
The Lynx Offline

(09-03-2014, 02:12 PM)Darkspellbound Wrote: Sanity gone low for long time will cause hallucination of there is a way to escape but *pop* Big Grineath End.

Thats what I hoped for in ATDD.
That and random monsters which spawn on the map, regardless of the actions the player takes.

Edit:

Hopefully we get at least one of these options.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2014, 03:08 PM by The Lynx.)
09-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

Intuitive puzzles, terrific and terrifying atmosphere, amazing story and plot, focus on psychological horror i.e. make the player think instead of displaying jump scares on screen

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

09-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Find
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15

Also, I don't want monsters to announce their spawn, like they do in TDD.
09-05-2014, 02:41 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I want it exactly the way FG is going to give it to us ^,^

Nothing more, nothing less.

09-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Find