Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying short freezes at each event
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Annoying short freezes at each event

The freezes that were happening for AAMFP are exclusive to that game. Amnesia TDD does not have such a problem and never had since 2010 when it was released.

Small stutters usually happen because of corrupted files or computer-specific issues. For corrupted files make sure you have run a steam file integrity check. If that doesn't help try loading an earlier save game before entering the current area. Maybe try a new game and see if it persists. If it's still there then it has to do with your computer somehow whether that's software (most probable) or hardware (very fragmented/slow hard drive). As far as software goes you should try disabling everything else running in the background, antivirus, recording programs etc. Also, don't change anything at the nvidia/amd control panel 3D game settings (whether that's a global rule or game-specific).
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2014, 01:10 AM by plutomaniac.)
03-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Find
JohnnyGui Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Annoying short freezes at each event

Not trying to sound rude or anything but I doubt that this bug is exclusive to AAMFP seeing there are others in the previous mentioned AAMFP thread who also say they have the same problem with ATDD. I have the EXACT same problem as mentioned in that thread.

To make my issue more clear, here's a video of a random player who is escaping from the prison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DvgOL-eN8Y

You'll see at 6:45 JUST before the shadow starts screaming that there is a freeze of almost a second long. Now, I have seen a dozen of other YouTube video's on this part of the game and they're all showing the exact same problem. Mind you this is just one of the events at which the freeze occurs.

Here's a thread of another guy who describes the same problem with ATDD:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-3.html

I have done everything you mentioned; steam file integrity found no corruptions, loading an earlier game or a new game didn't help. I always close every other program down before playing a game and my HDD isn't fragmented. Never touched the nvidia control panel.

I stil think this must have something to do with loading sound samples associated with the event that is supposed to occur.
03-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Find