Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Random Stuff

Violin recital in 12 days. Let It Go. Awesome.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Anybody here who's playing Wildstar ? As an WoW Classic veteran this game looks soooo great, but idk if it's worth the 13€/mon.
06-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

HOLY SHIT £13 a month?

Damnnnn, one of my best friends wants it badly. Wouldn't mind but he is poor, no idea how he will afford it.

[Image: luv.gif]
06-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

(06-04-2014, 01:10 AM)Froge Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 03:06 PM)Red Wrote: I made a little "sketch" description for my custom story, so I need someone to improve it a little, so it would turn out to be a more proper one to my liking.
Don't even know is this any good myself, so I think it's better to give someone more experienced take a look.

Spoiler below!

During Harrys abscence, fatal incomprehensible events, shape the Blackburgs castle and give it a new unknown form, like she has never been before.
All daily bustle ends, as her crew vanishes mysteriously and halls turns death silent slowly. The mansion literally turns upside down as its own opposite, from cheerful vivid to dull dead.

The sudden stop of daily contact, worries Harry sick and turns well deserved holiday around, making him decide and head back home, only to find out that he has missed much, maybe even too much...

Thanks in advance.

Needs deeper themes. Right now the mod just sounds like a typical castle horror story.
Right you are, the description must sound typical, but the overall plot, as it proceeds, changes its direction pretty radically. I kind of try to hide it, give it more as a surprise, that opens unexpectedly in front the player.
06-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(06-04-2014, 05:48 PM)Red Wrote:
(06-03-2014, 03:06 PM)Red Wrote: I made a little "sketch" description for my custom story, so I need someone to improve it a little, so it would turn out to be a more proper one to my liking.
Don't even know is this any good myself, so I think it's better to give someone more experienced take a look.

Spoiler below!

During Harrys abscence, fatal incomprehensible events, shape the Blackburgs castle and give it a new unknown form, like she has never been before.
All daily bustle ends, as her crew vanishes mysteriously and halls turns death silent slowly. The mansion literally turns upside down as its own opposite, from cheerful vivid to dull dead.

The sudden stop of daily contact, worries Harry sick and turns well deserved holiday around, making him decide and head back home, only to find out that he has missed much, maybe even too much...

Thanks in advance.

Needs deeper themes. Right now the mod just sounds like a typical castle horror story.
Right you are, the description must sound typical, but the overall plot, as it proceeds, changes its direction pretty radically. I kind of try to hide it, give it more as a surprise, that opens unexpectedly in front the player.

While plot twists are good, you should avoid any of the overused twists like insanity or dreams.

[Image: p229xcq]
06-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(06-05-2014, 12:02 AM)Froge Wrote:
(06-04-2014, 05:48 PM)Red Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Thanks in advance.

While plot twists are good, you should avoid any of the overused twists like insanity or dreams.

Unless reinvented in some way. I like myself any kind of story as long as it's well written. That said, I still like zombies, when done uniquely even though they are widely overused.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-05-2014, 12:33 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Also, make sure that your story has closure. A lot of mods build up tension with notes and scares only to end without revealing anything to the player other than "OMG THIS PLACE 2SPOOKZ4U K U DED NAO". For mods with great story, look at A Late Night Drink, The Great Work, and Recursive Confinement.

Spoiler below!
[Image: avatar_24086.gif?dateline=1385187591]

[Image: p229xcq]
06-05-2014, 12:37 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

i take grrrrrreat offense at that, dear sir

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-05-2014, 03:53 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

I believe closure is not a problem. The story will tell whom and what the crew was and also about their perspectives at the occuring events.
I think that's enough to bring immersion to explain necessary things.
06-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(06-05-2014, 12:37 AM)Froge Wrote: For mods with great story, look at A Late Night Drink, The Great Work, and Recursive Confinement.

Don't get too cocky now Wink
06-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Find