Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brightness Problem?
The8thStreet Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Brightness Problem?

Hello! Big Grin

I've been having a problem with the brightness in Amnesia lately. To me, it seems like when I am playing, the parts of the map that are not lit up are really, really dark. I can't even see where I am going if there is a really dark area. I tried to simply turn up the gamma, but that does not help, as it only makes the bright areas brighter and the dark areas receive no change. I looked in the troubleshooting guide, but my problem does not seem to be directly covered. The weird thing is, whenever I record gameplay and watch the recording, you cannot see that there is a problem with the brightness at all! Why is that?

Please help! I have a Youtube channel in which I post a lot of Amnesia videos, but I cannot continue to do so if I can't even the play the game half the time.

My operating system is Windows 8 64 bit and I own a laptop.
I have attached my HPL.log to this thread.

Thanks in advanced! Big Grin

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 7.95 KB / Downloads: 74)
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2014, 08:41 PM by The8thStreet.)
06-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Brightness Problem?

There are some errors in there to do with the CS, but they wouldn't cause that problem. This line that caught my eye was this:

ATTENTION: System does not support const arrays in glsl!

That's been discussed before: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5997.html

I'd suggest making sure that your graphics drivers are up to date first. There are some problems with Intel graphics cards apparently, but if it's only recently become a problem then it must be something that changed, eg. drivers.

06-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Find
The8thStreet Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks so much for the reply!

And sorry if I am posting something that has been discussed before. I have already update my graphics drivers, but that did not seem to do the trick.

I looked at the discussion that you provided a link to, and it seems like my laptop just simply cannot run Amnesia properly.
07-01-2014, 02:30 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Intel graphics cards are not supported especially because of such problems. You can try to manually update your drivers but other than that no more support can be given for unsupported hardware. Check the Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide on how to use the Have Disk Method.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2014, 10:27 AM by plutomaniac.)
07-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Find