Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PewDiePie arguing
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: Amnesia and Pewdiepie

(08-29-2013, 11:20 PM)Peci Wrote: The video has apparently been pulled away..?

Seems like it.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Find
Tillion Magnet Offline

Threads: 0

(08-29-2013, 11:15 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
Spoiler below!

(08-29-2013, 11:05 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Guys I really think that Robo's post on the previous page brings up some very good point, and it would be unwise to squander it without at least trying to take it into consideration.

I honestly think that these videos are just another gameplay video used for promotion, and nothing more than that. If the game was given to IGN to demo a let's play (They do do that from time to time), I really doubt there would be such a heavy backlash. So why is there one when it's Pewdie?

(08-29-2013, 10:45 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Everybody I've talked to about this is upset, and they aren't even diehard amnesia fans. The only ones who appreciate this release are the oodles of pewdiepie fans excited for him to scream PIGGIES in a new amnesia game. Why do they get priority over the loyal fans?

Yes, these millions of 12 year old 'bros' will get sales, but I can't help but feel that the fans that have been with them and supported them from the start should be rewarded rather than antagonized.

Think about it this way. They get what they want, and we just carry on with our lives.

Also I do not think there really is a type of "lesser fan", and "superior fan", only different types. Everyone can enjoy the game in their own way, be it through complete immersion, or watching it through Pewdie play it. Everyone has a different way of enjoying it, and no one should be judged for how they like to do it.

Yes, frictional will get what they want and we will carry on with our lives. BUT we have every right to be upset about their decision and I don't understand why certain people are just saying "whatever fricitional does goes", we have a right to an opinion, and a forum to bitch on.

If it were given to IGN, people would be also very upset. I don't know if we can call these just gameplay promotion videos when they are said by both dev teams to contain SPOILERS.

And yes, there is a type of 'lesser fan' and a 'superior fan', although I wouldn't call them that. The 'lesser fans' are the ones who just heard about the game from the pewdiepie vids and are jumping on the hype train, and the 'superior fans' are the fans that supported the game and frictional back when they were small and helped them achieve the success we see today. I feel that the Indie companies should always be loyal to the roots and humble.

Leaving aside the fact that your generalisation is the crudest I've ever seen, what of the people who have supported Frictional but also happen to be a fan of PDP? The two things are not mutually exclusive.
08-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

PDP's video is private now.
08-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-29-2013, 11:21 PM)Tillion Magnet Wrote: Leaving aside the fact that your generalisation is the crudest I've ever seen, what of the people who have supported Frictional but also happen to be a fan of PDP? The two things are not mutually exclusive.

That's just fine, I guess my post came across wrong from what I meant and sounded rude. If you support PDP and amnesia fine, that's good. But what I meant about lesser fans is the ones that are watching these amnesia spoiler vids and preordering the game on steam only because they watched pewdie play it.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Find
The Raining Brains Offline

The true fans are the ones who enjoy the game from the perspective that the developer intended.
08-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Find
Derxor Offline

Threads: 1

(08-29-2013, 11:24 PM)JPTS Wrote: PDP's video is private now.
Did they get mad at him? Did we actually make a difference? O.O

My youtube channel where I do some guitar covers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC84Ttln...muSOA0bFHA
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 11:29 PM by Derxor.)
08-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Website Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

tweet from pewdiepie

@ChineseRoom The video is down, I wasn't aware of this. I was given approval for videos. But I apologize if it caused you trouble.
08-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Eh it appears BOTH of the videos have been pulled, including the montage one from earlier.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Find
Peci Offline

Threads: 1

If the tweets are something to believe, it possibly went like this: Forum uproared and TCR got mad to FG and FG kindly said to PDP that "our original idea might not work after all". (Hmm. True forum talk. Tons of acronyms.)

(08-29-2013, 11:31 PM)droog Wrote: tweet from pewdiepie

@ChineseRoom The video is down, I wasn't aware of this. I was given approval for videos. But I apologize if it caused you trouble.

OK. There is the confirmation.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 11:32 PM by Peci.)
08-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Find
JPTS Offline

(08-29-2013, 11:26 PM)Derxor Wrote:
(08-29-2013, 11:24 PM)JPTS Wrote: PDP's video is private now.
Did they get mad at him? Did we actually make a difference? O.O

Maybe he was not supposed to do a let's play.

Come on, people are right to complain. That was not a review.

If PDP makes a let's play after the game is released, it will have the same effect (for sales), won't it?
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2013, 11:33 PM by JPTS.)
08-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Find