Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[RELEASE] Monsters - An Amnesia Concept
Darkspellbound Offline

Threads: 7
RE: [DEMO] Monsters - An Amnesia Concept WIP

(09-03-2014, 02:26 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 02:19 PM)Darkspellbound Wrote: Would be better if you can design your own monsters and put into mod, fighting with invisible monsters made me kinda lonely.

Invisible monsters? What do you mean invisible monsters?
Are you saying you're litterally just using moves, but no monster is in the arena?

Because you're supposed to start with a box as your monster

Thanks! I thought the boxes are just weapons to fight with monsters.
09-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

So eh...

I'm a slow updater. SORRY!

Still working on it.

Where do I get HM01?
Spoiler below!

[Image: 658bd02d83.jpg]

Statistics
Spoiler below!

[Image: 2e03471631.jpg]

Trying is the first step to success.
09-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Find
Posting Freak

The key to success is taking your time.

[Image: sky.jpg]

Mapping is soon done. About 70%, i'd say...
Just letting you know that this project is far from dead ^^ I'm just a slow updater. And the mapping takes some time. But I'm looking forward to the scripting afterwards! It is the best part, after all!

11-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Find
Posting Freak

[Image: 273505.gif]

Hey everybody!

Good news!
I have almost finished the level editting now. I'm about 90% in, which is great for me. It has taken some time, but keeping at it has it's results.

Now comes the scripting part.
I have created a test map for myself where I will be testing the battle system, finding monsters, and other stuff, that will be important.

I expect this to take at least a week.

As I get the last maps completed I'm going to start the beta testing. Hopefully it will turn out well.

I still don't have a release date. But If all goes well, let's say it will be out in maybe a month.

Regards
Flawless

11-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Find
Posting Freak

RE: [BETA TESTING] Monsters - An Amnesia Concept WIP

[Image: betatesting.png]

Beta has been sent out to testers. Woop!
Also, updated the OP.

(Above picture is not a question to you... yet... Wink)

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015, 03:15 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
01-26-2015, 03:14 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: [BETA TESTING] Monsters - An Amnesia Concept

Going to try it out now.
01-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(01-26-2015, 04:17 PM)Rapture Wrote: Going to try it out now.

Awesome! Looking forward to hear from you! ^_^

01-26-2015, 04:22 PM
Find
Posting Freak

TO ALL BETA TESTERS.
There is a bug that makes it impossible to continue. I'm sorry about this, but I'll be uploading a new version as soon as I fix this.

Bug:
Spoiler below!

When failing to kill Catacombs boss, and retrying the battle doesn't restart.

Another bug about cogwheels not enabling the special doors, has also been reported

EDIT:
That should be fixed now!

You can download the mod again from the original link. Whether you have to restart or not is, i'm unsure of... Try, and see what happens. If everything fails, restart.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015, 08:22 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
01-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I've had to stop for now, the battles are driving me nuts with them constantly popping up every 2 steps. (I've died 6 times in a row in the Catacombs and I feel like my monster keeps getting weaker with each death. I can barely take them to half-half now before I die and I can't leave the Catacombs due to the constant battle interruptions)

---Initial Impressions---
(1) The opening sequence was good, hooked my interest immediately.

(2) Battles were fun at first, but got to be a waiting chore. Would like to see attacks, text and just the overall battle experience sped up faster.

(3) Game needs a manual for Attacks, Monsters, Levels, Super-Effective & Less-Effective Damage, Monster Types (Fire, Wood, Metal, etc), to name a few.

A PDF that I can skim through on the side would be great as I'm not sure what I'm doing other than randomly clicking buttons and hoping I would get a super-effect attack.

Obviously needs some work as using a "Ignite" attack on a Armor was super-effective, but wasn't on a mushroom?

---My Personal Problems---
(1) Riddles were a nice change of pace, I felt like they were to confusing and similar to each other (Each had random objects that you could grab that told you were wrong) but easy, as their wasn't much to do in each room before you stumbled onto the answer by chance.

(2) Some bugs here and their, ones that I can remember...

(2a) Dying resets me to a box? I'm not sure if your trying to indicate if I get weaker with each death. (As it felt like that to the point battling became pointless as I was doomed to die each time)

Their are no visual stats for me to confirm this.

(2b) Your current "Monster" & "Level" would not display correctly. (i.e. - The Box and Table would be active at the same time, and the the numbers "6" & "11" would try to display on top of each-other.

(3) Monsters seemed to scale up to your level and sometimes above yours? Their are no level ranges indicated anywhere.

(4) Better "grass infested with pokemon/monsters" indicators. As it is, in most areas I walk in. I'm being constantly bombarded with battles. Their need to be a better indication of "safe" & "dangerous areas.

(5) Since Amnesia doesn't have an easy function to tell us the player's rotation, whenever the player is ported from their location to the battle arena and back. I become very disoriented because I'm not facing the right way. Your level design isn't suited for your CS because of this.

You need to re-design your levels with unique looking parts to help orient the player. I was constantly on the lookout for doors or specifically placed props but everything looked the same to me. Including the annoying barrage of battles, I was not enjoying the "exploration" part of the mod.

---What I would like to see improved on---
(1) A manual/guide for...
Individual Monsters Stats
Attacks and what they do (Descriptions, Damage Values, Strengths&Weaknesses, What monsters they belong to)
Damage Types, Strengths & Weaknesses (Wood is weak to Fire, Fire is weak to water, etc)
How Damage is Dealt, how might it be mitigated.

Anything else you can think of...

(2) Visible Damage, Health, Armor stats for your monster and others to. It feels very arbitrary right now.

(3) Better level design so I'm not so disoriented coming out of battle.

(4) Less encounters with monsters, or add in "safe" paths so I'm not bombarded with them constantly. My biggest peeve so far.

(5) I tried opening your maps, but I kept getting a lot of Errors. I'm guessing you missed some Models/Textures to include in your CS. (One of them crashed - 03_MansionMonsters)

I remember a couple Catacomb battles that had no visible monster in them.
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2015, 08:33 PM by Rapture.)
01-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Find
Posting Freak

I'm sorry that you met too many monsters in catacombs. I'm glad you report this, so I can fix that.

Thank you very much for trying out the mod.

I can write a short manual. That shouldn't be a problem. Thank you Smile

When you die, you do not become weaker all the time. You only gets reset to a box. That's how it is set.

Monster level doesn't display correctly? I'm sorry about that. I may delete that part, as it already got a bit confusing.

Monsters do scale up to your level, yes. That is to keep the player able to get exp, even though he beat the area.
They can never go above your level. They can either be the same level, or one below.

No visible specific monster in catacombs. Alright. I'll take a look at that.

Things I won't be able to fix:
Speed of battles.
Rotation of the player coming out of battles. Take a couple of seconds to look around instead.
I don't know why you couldn't open the maps. I have included everything.
Health and type is already visible. There is nothing else to show Smile
(Yes it is very simple)

Things I will be able to fix:
Less encounters.
Creating a manual.
Fixing the small bugs.

Thank you very much for finding these things! Smile

EDIT: Fixed, and added manual

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2015, 03:05 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
01-26-2015, 09:10 PM
Find