Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The Cat Lady
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
The Cat Lady

This game is called a "masterpiece" from so many people. So I red something about it and played the demo. I will now purchase the full game on dvd-rom. It's a classical 2D horror adventure with a lot of awards for best story and innovation.

I think it is very similar to Neverending Nightmares.

Anyone played The Cat Lady?

10-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49
RE: The Cat Lady

Never played, but I do believe it is quality stuff, not judging only by how it seems, but what've heard from it in general. I'll definitely at least consider trying, if not buying. I'll see is it to my liking or not. Most likely is.
10-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I saw Cryaotic play through this game, it looked very interesting and the story is well told in a world mostly in black and white.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
10-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

I've played through it a couple of times and I can recommend it. The only thing I have against it is the voice acting which is off sometimes.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
10-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

It has been on my wishlist for some time now, looks like a very interesting and mysterious game. Its storyline seems kind of prophetic to me though, like it's something that I might go through in 10 years.

Spoiler below!
I hope I'm wrong. D:

10-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

I find this game very interesting as a concept and I really, really want to love it, but I just can't bring myself to play it because
Spoiler below!
the story is about a woman who has taken a suicidal overdose. One way to interpret the story is that she succeeded in killing herself and is going through a kind of purgatory. Another is that her mind is permanently changed by her suicide attempt and she can never see the world in the same way again, only hallucinations of darkness and violence. Mental health is a subject close to my heart and a part of my life. I have already spent too much time sitting beside hospital beds.
Either the game will treat these themes well, with respect and intelligence, in which case I think it would be a little too close to the bone for me, or it will treat them without respect and intelligence, in which case I will hate it. I'd rather not play it, but instead just appreciate that it exists and admire the bravery of it's creators.

10-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

(10-07-2014, 01:33 AM)MrBehemoth Wrote: I find this game very interesting as a concept and I really, really want to love it, but I just can't bring myself to play it because
Spoiler below!
the story is about a woman who has taken a suicidal overdose. One way to interpret the story is that she succeeded in killing herself and is going through a kind of purgatory. Another is that her mind is permanently changed by her suicide attempt and she can never see the world in the same way again, only hallucinations of darkness and violence. Mental health is a subject close to my heart and a part of my life. I have already spent too much time sitting beside hospital beds.
Either the game will treat these themes well, with respect and intelligence, in which case I think it would be a little too close to the bone for me, or it will treat them without respect and intelligence, in which case I will hate it. I'd rather not play it, but instead just appreciate that it exists and admire the bravery of it's creators.

That's the exact reason why I've stopped myself from purchasing it. I'm a little worried it's going to hit too close to home (which can be good, because there are great games out there with tough themes). My cynicism about the gaming industry at the moment leads me to believe that it might not do so in an effective, tasteful manner.

10-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10

Dunno if it's a masterpiece, but it's a pretty great, and weird, game. I loved it. And I really liked the soundtrack.

Spoiler below!
About the interpretation of the story: yeah, you can interpret it many ways, but without going too deep into that "what it all means" stuff, the game is about a women who is lost, hurt and disempowered, and who is then, via supernatural means, thrown back into the world where she will confront and overcome the monsters that live among us, grow strong, make a friend, and end up a changed person (IIRC, there are multiple endings, though).
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 05:27 PM by TheGreatCthulhu.)
10-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Find
Chrysler Offline

Threads: 2

I can recommend it, the story is told very well and there's some excellent music in it. One just has to ignore the weird looking graphics sometimes.

I still remember the voice of the gas mask man..
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 07:33 PM by Chrysler.)
10-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

I thought it was excellent - it would easily be in my list of "top 10 games of all time". It's very weird, unsettling, creepy, involving and moving with a great story.

Highly recommended. Smile
10-08-2014, 10:35 AM
Find