Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Updated thread] Need help
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: [ACTUAL]A new custom story

Heh, that wouldn't be too bad.

No, your spelling is mostly right. It's just the grammar and sentence structure that's a bit odd which makes the context difficult to grasp. I can tell English isn't your native language. I'm guessing you're setting up your sentences with your native language's structure, because I know very well myself that those things happen (I'm not a native English-speaker either).

01-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32

(01-23-2015, 06:04 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Heh, that wouldn't be too bad.

No, your spelling is mostly right. It's just the grammar and sentence structure that's a bit odd which makes the context difficult to grasp. I can tell English isn't your native language. I'm guessing you're setting up your sentences with your native language's structure, because I know very well myself that those things happen (I'm not a native English-speaker either).

yes, you are absolutelly right , because I'm from a little country called Moldova Smile

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
01-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(10-25-2014, 08:38 AM)The chaser Wrote: Oh yeah I forgot about one thing too, if possible listen to orchestra music/OST, like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VadpMYQgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHSEzoMrSI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ooqgBi6j_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVfB_QjIGLk

Oh two steps from hell, nice, I think the best instrumentals in the world, almost Smile

Egypt CS
01-26-2015, 09:55 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

GiveHint("", "Messages", "diary1", "0"); another problem, need help

void GiveHint (string& asName, string& asMessageCat, string& asMessageEntry, float afTimeShown);

this script doesn't work, maybe I wrote something wrong? gives the message : no matching signatures...

Egypt CS
02-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

RE: [Updated thread] Need help

Your last argument should not use quotes. The 0 is treated as a string, instead of a float like it's supposed to be.

02-07-2015, 06:54 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(02-07-2015, 06:54 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Your last argument should not use quotes. The 0 is treated as a string, instead of a float like it's supposed to be.

Yes, that works, but sometimes hint are not showed second time. Maybe I need to disable default game hints about darkness sanity drain or about how to move objects and rotate? for this purpose I have to use BlockHint but I don't know how to disable default hints, is there somebody who knows how? Or maybe an alternative solution?

Thank you anticipated.

Egypt CS
02-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

I think if I remember correctly, you do use BlockHint(); and use it in conjunction with the internal lang name of the hint which can be found in base_english.lang.

For example, if I didn't want to see the hint:
HINT:You need to find a lantern before one can be turned on.

Then I would have to find its corresponding 'hint' dialogue in base_english.lang, which in this case is LanternNoItem. (All hints can be found in the category called "Hints".)

Hence, my code would be:
PHP Code: (Select All)
OnStart();
{
BlockHint("LanternNoItem");

You can test this certain one by not having a lantern and just pressing F. If you don't see any hint text, congrats! It works and I was right without testing it! ^^ Should it work, then you have the detrimental task of blocking all the hints by copy-pasting the rest of the hint names. I believe also that you only need to call them in OnStart(); of your first map. Any more than that would be inefficient coding. If you are using a Global.hps though, it may be of use to also use it in OnGameStart(); but I have no idea how global.hps works.

Otherwise, I am not too sure.

Edit: Also, you can call a ShowHint(); at any time if you need to have the hint show more than once. You're best to use it at a specific moment though, rather than having it appear constantly.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015, 12:46 PM by Romulator.)
02-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(02-08-2015, 12:45 PM)Romulator Wrote: I think if I remember correctly, you do use BlockHint(); and use it in conjunction with the internal lang name of the hint which can be found in base_english.lang.

For example, if I didn't want to see the hint:
HINT:You need to find a lantern before one can be turned on.

Then I would have to find its corresponding 'hint' dialogue in base_english.lang, which in this case is LanternNoItem. (All hints can be found in the category called "Hints".)

Hence, my code would be:
PHP Code: (Select All)
OnStart();
{
BlockHint("LanternNoItem");

You can test this certain one by not having a lantern and just pressing F. If you don't see any hint text, congrats! It works and I was right without testing it! ^^ Should it work, then you have the detrimental task of blocking all the hints by copy-pasting the rest of the hint names. I believe also that you only need to call them in OnStart(); of your first map. Any more than that would be inefficient coding. If you are using a Global.hps though, it may be of use to also use it in OnGameStart(); but I have no idea how global.hps works.

Otherwise, I am not too sure.

Edit: Also, you can call a ShowHint(); at any time if you need to have the hint show more than once. You're best to use it at a specific moment though, rather than having it appear constantly.

Thank you )

Egypt CS
02-08-2015, 12:46 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

ShowHint function doesn't exists, unfortunately,but I removed all needless hints. But some of my hints sometime doesn't appear. Maybe you know the reason why they are not showing up second time when I trigger them on collide or else?

Egypt CS
02-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Perhaps hints only show up the first time? Maybe they're made to not show again if they've already been displayed.

02-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Find