Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Most intelligent persons of the world
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Most intelligent persons of the world

(03-13-2015, 08:27 AM)Straxedix Wrote:
(03-11-2015, 06:41 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Modern list:
http://www.wonderslist.com/10-most-intelligent-people/

Historical list:
http://financesonline.com/13-most-intell...the-world/

Did you ever heard of "William James Sidis"? Who has a valued IQ between 250 and 300?
He spoke over 40 languages, learned one language per day.

I also think that "Rüdiger Gamm" is by far one of the most genius super brains. He's not at the lists above.

And don't forget...
Spoiler below!

GoogolplexBig Grin with an IQ of 10^(10^100)

Still think Googolplex is smartest on list ! Smile

You mean the most attractive one, right?

Spoiler below!
Personally, I think IQ is a good indication of pattern recognition skills, which is the basis of pretty much everything. Even creative fields, like writing and music, require the identification of themes and motifs which are essentially patterns.

[Image: p229xcq]
03-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

IQ does have something to it. It's not exactly random and it requires some intelligence to score for it, although I don't think it's accurate enough to be used as a solid means of measurement. I think it comes down to the fact that intelligence is not a completely objective thing. What one considers intelligence differs from others.

03-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

nicki minaj is one o them intelligent ones, listen to her lyrics and learn

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
03-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

john horsefield has the biggest intelligence lvl ever, deal with it you lazy seals
03-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Ladies and gents, you can all stop debating now. Clearly I am the most intelligent person in the world. No need to thank me for gracing the forums with my presence.

Serious note/rant below:

How are we measuring the intelligence? What counts as being smart and how can you definitively say one person is more intelligent than another?

For example, one could consider an artist intelligent because they have the ability to interpret 3-Dimensional objects and project them in 2-dimensional space, or take a 2D drawing and rotate the figure in their mind to draw it in a new position/from a new angle, or even turn the drawing back to 3D by modelling it. Most also have an innate sense of anatomy (perhaps not entirely in a medical sense) and, to a degree, physics, which allows them to draw believable scenes - or intentionally break the rules in a coherent way. Does this make artists intelligent?

What about a math professor? Is the ability to solve complex mathematical problems and pass these methods on to students a sign of intelligence? Does this make the math professor more intelligent than the artist?

Engineers have to apply mathematical concepts to real-world scenarios and work quickly under high-pressure situations where accuracy may be of life-or-death importance. Being able to interpret technical drawings to produce 3D objects or create technical drawings based off a prototype requires significant spatial awareness, like the artist. Because the engineer has skills both the mathematician and artist do, does this make him smarter than both of them?

Is a savant or a prodigy more intelligent than an average person because they're highly skilled in one field or is the average person more intelligent because they're more well-rounded?
Compare:
• Young child that can play Fantasie Impromptu on piano, but cannot read, write, or solve basic math
• Your average young child of the same age; they can read, write, do basic math, maybe play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on piano

If music is not your thing, then what about if the one child can solve calculus equations but has a severe language impediment compared to an average child?

The whole "who's the most intelligent" question is an indicator of what you value intellectually. There's really no quantifiable way to determine who the most intelligent person in the world is unless everyone agrees on a set of distinct qualities that can be used to measure intelligence (such as IQ).

Disclaimer: I haven't had an English class in almost three years and I turned off my phone's autocorrect. I'm so so sorry if I mixed up something stupid like you're/your. Believe me, I'm cringing more than you are at that if I've noticed.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
03-15-2015, 05:53 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

The concept of Intelligence is far too subjective to be objective.
It's all relative.
03-15-2015, 09:25 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Red just summed up my wall of text with one sentence. Daaaaaamn!

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
03-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Thats a pretty damn objective and clear example of higher intellegence.

[Image: luv.gif]
03-16-2015, 03:22 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -Albert Einstein (Or maybe not him depending on several sources)

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 06:45 AM by Kreekakon.)
03-16-2015, 06:43 AM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

The fact is that I am an idiot like everyone else, but luckily, I manage to act wise on certain situations. Human understanding is limited more or less on certain fields, thus we can say he's idiot in other aspect and genious in another, or in between those. One thing, however, is for sure, one thing is objective and not relative: We cannot be all knowing even potentially; the capacity of brain isn't infinite, yet it replaces data all the time. The more you know and learn about other, the less you will remember about another.
03-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Find