Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparency??
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Transparency??

(06-22-2015, 01:11 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: So it's not that I "Stole It"

No, no. We get that.

But that's because you're thinking about a wider aspect. We're on the amnesia forum. Specifically the development support.

We are only thinking in terms of Amnesia.

All everyone are saying is:
"if you use it in your Amnesia mod, it's stolen".

I don't think we care about what you do with it anywhere else.
It's Amnesia we care about.

Trying is the first step to success.
06-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Litronom and Skashi are two infamous Amnesia modders who have used a lot of "stolen" content like this to create their rather silly, funny, but impressive custom stories. Just because something good came out of it does not mean what they did was right. This is also the reason why Skashi is banned from these forums, and you'll only find their stories elsewhere. Although I love what they made, it's against the forum's terms. If you want to proceed using illegal content, you'll likely be treated as someone who's got an illegal copy of Amnesia; no support and most likely a ban.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2015, 07:41 PM by Mudbill.)
06-22-2015, 07:40 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(06-22-2015, 07:40 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Litronom and Skashi are two infamous Amnesia modders who have used a lot of "stolen" content like this to create their rather silly, funny, but impressive custom stories. Just because something good came out of it does not mean what they did was right. This is also the reason why Skashi is banned from these forums, and you'll only find their stories elsewhere. Although I love what they made, it's against the forum's terms. If you want to proceed using illegal content, you'll likely be treated as someone who's got an illegal copy of Amnesia; no support and most likely a ban.

Oh, yeah I remember that now, they stole almost whole nintendo xD
but I liked it too Tongue
and I understand it, I'm sending an email to activision for permission, if yes, then I can use it right?
06-22-2015, 08:06 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

To be honest, I don't think you'll get a reply, and if you do, you'll get a no, and if you get a yes, I don't think that's enough to prove that you have permission. I think you're going to need advance written permission, something you'll likely have to pay a whole lot for just because that's how AAA companies work. I would suggest to ALWAYS stay away from those companies. They hurt the industry anyway. To them, it's all about the money.

Unless they've ALREADY published that those models are free to use, why would they let you use them? What do they gain from it? I expect that, if anything, they would want you to make an independent game out of the models, have people pay for it, and give Activision a percentage of the earnings.

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2015, 09:20 PM by Mudbill.)
06-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(06-22-2015, 09:18 PM)Mudbill Wrote: To be honest, I don't think you'll get a reply, and if you do, you'll get a no, and if you get a yes, I don't think that's enough to prove that you have permission. I think you're going to need advance written permission, something you'll likely have to pay a whole lot for just because that's how AAA companies work. I would suggest to ALWAYS stay away from those companies. They hurt the industry anyway. To them, it's all about the money.

Unless they've ALREADY published that those models are free to use, why would they let you use them? What do they gain from it? I expect that, if anything, they would want you to make an independent game out of the models, have people pay for it, and give Activision a percentage of the earnings.

That's true...
And about the money is true either, Activision is a hungry money eater...
I'm really sad that Call of duty is a little part of it Sad
And I understand what you say, I don't think they will say yes, or mail me back, but maybe they do... We never know Tongue
06-22-2015, 09:51 PM
Find