Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
freeze&crash during loading
loltimo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago freeze&crash during loading

Hi there,

when I saw someone stream a bit of soma gameplay on twitch, i knew i had to get this game immediately. of course, having a linux port made it interesting in the first place, even though i'm not too fond of horror games ...

i've played for a day and then a tiny bit again and now soma won't continue my game any more.

Here's the hpl.log: https://gist.github.com/timo/503cb0036f355ffd7630

The place i'm stuck is right after taking cath with me and letting her grab security codes from inside the tiny submarine outside of lambda. From the logfile it looks like the name of the level (or chapter?) is "ms-curie-outside". The loading bar gets to the word "save" in the "what happened last" text (a super helpful feature! every story-heavy game should have this) - though i can't tell if that's dependent on resolution or other factors.

hope that's enough to help you; otherwise i can also upload my save game(s).
09-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: freeze&crash during loading

Thanks for reporting, we are working on trying to fix this specific crash.
09-24-2015, 02:47 PM
Website Find
AaronKOG Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 0

This may be fixed in the latest public_beta:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/282140/dis...053657683/

Let me know otherwise. Thanks.
09-25-2015, 07:05 AM
Find
dammarin Offline

Threads: 1

I just hit the same problem this morning. I'm a little earlier, just scanned the map for the ARK location and haven't exited Lambda yet to go to the tiny sub.

I have the GOG version, so way to use the beta on Steam... Really hoping the upcoming patch fixes that.

Also, I'm wondering about the loading screen I'm seeing (same one as loltimo quotes above, as it definitely includes the word save in the first line). Isn't that too much information for the point I'm at? There's been no mention within the game of any abyss, dunbat, pressure or the curie - they just said they need to go to the ark's location (Theta, right?) and to try using the small submarine outside.
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 08:58 AM by dammarin.)
09-29-2015, 08:56 AM
Find