Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Things you may not have noticed (spoilers ahoy!)

Obviously a bug, not something rare.
12-02-2015, 06:17 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

i've seen there's a sound called "whispers" between the sound files
and it's the same sound you hear before a flashback in Amnesia and the same you hear when you use the saving stone.

listen to boards of canada
12-03-2015, 07:21 PM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

You also hear it at some points in SOMA. I believe in Omicron when wandering around? Or was it while near some of the coral people of Theta?

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2015, 12:54 AM by Mudbill.)
12-04-2015, 12:52 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(12-04-2015, 12:52 AM)Mudbill Wrote: You also hear it at some points in SOMA. I believe in Omicron when wandering around? Or was it while near some of the coral people of Theta?

It was on Omicron.

This forum is dead
12-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Find
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2

(oh dear. I dont think ive visited these forums since amfp was first out)

In Simon's apartment, if you look underneath the waste basket in his bathroom, there will be a couple of what look like bloody rags. I can imagine he's woken from nightmares a few times to find his head bleeding. Fun times.

The Construct is great. Easily my favorite enemy, mostly due to its design. It can also float, apparently. I piled a ton of crap at the top of the stairwell it comes up (if you decide to summon it). After pulling the level, the monster's walking animation continued as its body simply floated up and over the top of the pile. What a truly majestic creature.

Presuming you spawned the Construct, it will despawn as the door to the communication center is closing. You can then immediately open it again and explore the now powerless hub area at your leisure.

If you do decide to return to the hub, you can examine Carl's powered down Mockingbird. It will be unresponsive, but you'll still get a little bit of static/feedback at close range. Not super reassuring, but might help if you think you killed him.

The first "I need an Adult" unit you meet directly after escaping Upsilon is not overtly aggressive. It will only attack if you run up to it. Otherwise it will just follow behind you, saying creepy things. If you approach it slowly, it will even back off a bit, keeping you at a distance. (Based off two runs where I've approached it. The one close to the sunken boat will sometimes attack you on sight. Other times it will be twisting in crazy circles above my head by the time I reach it and completely ignore me)

On the Curie, after sneaking around the Flesher and reaching the wheel operated ladder, continue down the hall. In the room to your (left?) there are a couple of lockers. One contains a small surprise! Smile

At Delta, you can take one of Aker's eyes back out into the ocean with you (if you really want to). It sinks. The K8 doesn't seem to find this creepy either.

If you go to Theta's side entrance before unlocking the main gate, Simon will say something like "Why am I doing this? This is kinda dangerous and unnecessary." :Y
12-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

(11-17-2015, 03:14 AM)Cridone Wrote: Some more stuff found in Simon's apartment:
On the back of the Massive Recoil box part of the small text says it's produced by "Some Company Inc."
The text on the tracer fluid bottle says Simon is 27, which actually doesn't match either of his birthdates mentioned in game. Guess we'll never figure out his real birthdate.

Not an in-game finding but still pretty neat: in SOMA\music\00_00 a file named "00_00_ringtone" can be found, which is a portion of the Penumbra tech demo theme modified as... well... a ringtone.

Wasn't Simon born in 1988 according to Munshi? Which would make him 27 in 2015.
His birthdate in the future being wrong could either be a mistake, or the records just not being accurate after so much time.
12-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

I finally found something new that's worth mentioning. There's a note you can pick up, which includes the phrase: "Get your ass over there if you're hungry." I won't reveal its location just yet, because I'm wondering whether anyone else found it - please forgive the tease!

I also found a rumor that there's another creature in the Leviathan section, outside Phi. From here:
Quote:Probably, as an infected shark also is hidden away in the scene with the Leviathan,
And here:
Quote:Then in the battle with the giant Leviathan worm, there's an infected shark in the area that's easily missable.
I looked, but couldn't find it. Maybe it depends on your choice at site Alpha. Can anyone confirm?
01-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(01-28-2016, 04:49 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: I finally found something new that's worth mentioning. There's a note you can pick up, which includes the phrase: "Get your ass over there if you're hungry." I won't reveal its location just yet, because I'm wondering whether anyone else found it - please forgive the tease!

I have no idea what you're talking about. Huh
01-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

OK, I wasn't the only one who missed it! The opening hallway of Phi has a passage to the left. At first, the door is jammed, but it gets unjammed after you plug Catherine in; I'm pretty sure most players don't go back and check. There's a few things down there, including WAU-ified toilets and the note I mentioned.

Sadly, the shark outside Phi seems to be a myth. I looked again and found nothing.
01-29-2016, 11:36 AM
Find
pachi Offline

Threads: 1

The WAU shark exists in the game files, and it's very spooky. Looks to be a Great White with strange growths.
01-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Find