Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with textures
Lanstey
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Problems with textures
Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate it if you could help me. My textures won't work correctly. I saw an earlier threat where someone had the same problem, but his graphics card was not up to date. Mine is but i still have the problem. I also believe My video card is good enough to play te game.

Do you guys have any tips?
I added my hpi, i'm not very technical so maybe someone can help me with it.

Attached Files
.jpg   Soma_NoSteam 2015-10-03 08-58-05-016.jpg (Size: 271.11 KB / Downloads: 139)
.log   hpl.log (Size: 30.12 KB / Downloads: 127)
11-15-2015, 01:42 PM
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Problems with textures
(11-15-2015, 01:42 PM)Lanstey Wrote: Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate it if you could help me. My textures won't work correctly. I saw an earlier threat where someone had the same problem, but his graphics card was not up to date. Mine is but i still have the problem. I also believe My video card is good enough to play te game.

Version 1.04 is only available on Steam, so why is your screenshot called "NoSteam"?
Have you tried lower graphic settings?
11-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Intel graphics cards are not officially supported. Follow the Have Disk Method and update your Intel HD drivers to the latest available. That should make the game work at least.

Steam has a no_steam executable as well to bypass it. The game doesn't require Steam to be running in order to work. If it's available it's used for saves backup and other stuff.
11-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Find
Lanstey
Unregistered

(11-15-2015, 02:13 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(11-15-2015, 01:42 PM)Lanstey Wrote: Hi Guys,

Version 1.04 is only available on Steam, so why is your screenshot called "NoSteam"?
Have you tried lower graphic settings?

That is because I copied the screenshot from another post. I have the same problems though.

(11-16-2015, 01:06 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Intel graphics cards are not officially supported. Follow the Have Disk Method and update your Intel HD drivers to the latest available. That should make the game work at least.

Steam has a no_steam executable as well to bypass it. The game doesn't require Steam to be running in order to work. If it's available it's used for saves backup and other stuff.

Thank you for the tips. I had already tried to update my video card driver to the latest update. I even uninstalled/reïnstalled my video driver software to check if that would work. It still keep having the same problem. Are there any other drivers I should try, and if so, how could i do that? (not very experience with computers)

Today I tried the No_Steam method but that did not fix my problem.

If anyone else has a tip I would appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Lanstey
11-19-2015, 01:29 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Your driver is old, not updated by any means. The guide says to visit Intel.com, download the latest for your system and manually install it via the Have Disk Method. Checking for updates via Device Manager or from the OEM is not the proper way for older systems. Check the guide again.
11-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.