Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
next game?
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: next game?

Well I believe they said that they'd be focusing more on open-world environments and more nonlinear gameplay. Should be interesting to see how that'll turn out.

01-19-2016, 02:49 AM
Find
Striker Offline

Threads: 2

Interesting, open worlds seems to be all the rage lately

For me I'm just not a fan, I like the linear story lines with a beginning and an ending, but that's just my personal preference

I'm sure whatever they make will rock
01-19-2016, 08:55 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

OPEN-WORLD MULTIPLAYER SURVIVAL HORROR GAME WITH CRAFTING AND SKINS

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7

(01-19-2016, 09:49 AM)Kein Wrote: OPEN-WORLD MULTIPLAYER SURVIVAL HORROR GAME WITH CRAFTING AND SKINS

Hahaha, I seriously hope not.

I would love to see Frictional go on to do another survival-horror or science-fiction adventure but with a less linear plot and some improved world and character interaction compared to their previous titles.
01-20-2016, 02:32 AM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I honestly think Frictional might try to move away from total survival horror.

When you read a lot of the blogs or interviews, they're craving a new direction for their games to go in. Each new game becomes more existential horror and think piece. More artistic.

I wouldn't be surprised if the monster element changes again for the next game and becomes less prevalent. Many of the people in these forums liked or loved the monsters, but think that's somewhat with fan boy glasses on.

It's outsiders (who are a primary target audience) that generally found them a bit annoying and took away from the story. The fact that there was a survey on these forums shows they noticed those comments.

Also, Amnesia had a LOT of lets' plays. It's part of why so many rushed out to get AMFP and were ultimately disappointment with it's lack of scares element. SOMA is even harder for a lets play to sell, because they can't scream and swear at the screen every five minutes to please their audience. It's a think piece.

Yes, most of the people here could appreciate a slower lets play and discussion on the themes of SOMA, but let's face it; a large portion of the 8-12 year olds who watch lets plays want crazy drama and LOTS of swearing.
01-21-2016, 12:10 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

What do you think will the next game be?
Fantasy-horror oriented as Amnesia or sci-fi oriented as SOMA?
I would like some spiritual successor of Amnesia bu even more dark fantasy involved.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2016, 08:11 PM by Radiance.)
01-21-2016, 08:10 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

I really like the fantasy 19th century setting to be honest, though I'm sure that any setting will work if it's them who are developing it. lol

01-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I think to go from a Gothic 19th century to a depressingly melancholic 22nd Century (and somewhat believable) environment was a great move. You can see the developers want to keep us fresh. Maybe not even just us, but themselves.

They're not a AAA studio that gets told to make mildly varying clones. They work for themselves and like most people; don't like doing the same job over and over Smile.

I feel that in keeping with tradition, Frictional will go for a totally different setting for any new game they work on. That could be anywhere from space (possible Cliché, I know) to another world, to 20th century earth, to an underground world. So many possibilities.

They may tone down the horror to almost nothing, in search of a greater story.

Until they spill the beans (which probably won't be for a while) we can guess until the cows come home.
01-21-2016, 10:34 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

(01-21-2016, 10:34 PM)MrSteve Wrote: I feel that in keeping with tradition, Frictional will go for a totally different setting for any new game they work on. That could be anywhere from space (possible Cliché, I know) to another world, to 20th century earth, to an underground world. So many possibilities.

They may tone down the horror to almost nothing, in search of a greater story.

Until they spill the beans (which probably won't be for a while) we can guess until the cows come home.

Underworld could be interesting with lovecraftian elements.
Or maybe some steampunk genre.
01-21-2016, 11:53 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

It will be HorrorGameMaker Simulator

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-22-2016, 02:54 AM