Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Laptop. No Custom Stories!
BowserBros65
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: New Laptop. No Custom Stories!
(01-31-2016, 08:37 PM)Mudbill Wrote: You are an administrator, but you're not always running everything as an administrator. That would be highly insecure.

Right click Amnesia and select "Run as administrator." You will then get an admin prompt. That's how you run something with extra privileges.

Can you be a bit more specific than "folders everywhere"? Not sure I understand your last statement, but if you mess up a custom story's folder structure, it won't show up.
Well one thing is that I have multiple custom story folders. a couple don't even have the same list! It's really hard to explain.
01-31-2016, 11:52 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
On Steam version, place the folders for the custom stories within [Amnesia install directory]\custom_stories
For retail, it's [Amnesia install directory]\redist\custom_stories

If you see a redist folder, you're not looking in the Steam version because it doesn't have one. Make sure you place the stories in the same install directory as the game you're running.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2016, 01:43 AM by Mudbill.)
02-01-2016, 01:43 AM
Find
BowserBros65
Unregistered

(02-01-2016, 01:43 AM)Mudbill Wrote: On Steam version, place the folders for the custom stories within [Amnesia install directory]\custom_stories
For retail, it's [Amnesia install directory]\redist\custom_stories

If you see a redist folder, you're not looking in the Steam version because it doesn't have one. Make sure you place the stories in the same install directory as the game you're running.
That leads to another problem. I have two Amnesia folders. one under steam which contains my save data and profile name AND the custom stories, and one under my documents, which contains just my profile and save data. I had to do that, because it was the only way that I could keep my saves. Please don't ask.
02-01-2016, 02:28 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Um, that's normal, and how is your profile stored in the Steam location?

By default, the game is installed in its own folder via Steam, but both retail and Steam copies save the profiles and saves in Documents\Amnesia\Main. The custom stories are placed in the installation folder though.

02-01-2016, 02:55 AM
Find
BowserBros65
Unregistered

(02-01-2016, 02:55 AM)Mudbill Wrote: Um, that's normal, and how is your profile stored in the Steam location?

By default, the game is installed in its own folder via Steam, but both retail and Steam copies save the profiles and saves in Documents\Amnesia\Main. The custom stories are placed in the installation folder though.
Ugh, I don't know. I'm sorry if I'm wasting you guys' time. this whole mess is probably because of my own stupidityDodgy
02-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.