Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

This game is dangerous (really)
Informative Offline

Threads: 13
This game is dangerous (really)

My mate (Who is a professional phyciatrist) played and finished this game and he said that this game is so mentally challenging that it can damage someone badly (Mentally). Confused
I second this. Seen the Lets Play videos? The guys playing it are mumbling to themselves, screaming like little girls and so forth.

[Image: 10138.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2010, 01:00 AM by Informative.)
09-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Find
khawaja07 Offline

Threads: 9
RE: This game is dangerous (really)

Well, its realllly INTENSE ! when it's reaching it's end.. Especially in the TORTURE ROOMS !.. so its definitely not only SCARY but also ALOT more HORRORFULL..
09-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Find
Wafthrudnir Offline

Threads: 6

I believe that too, but I think that depends on the person who's playin' it. My best friend could get fucked up by this game, even when i am playin' it and she's watchin', I think...someone who believes in ghost and stuff an someone who's mental health seems to be low should not play this game...ok I think most of those people wouldn't play it anyway or turn it off in the first seconds of gameplay. Everyone needs to know where his/her limits are.

It's like watchin a really bad horror movie or smoking some weed...alls can turn out to be a life-destroyer.

I know that cuz some of my friend's life have been destroyed by this stuff (Behading of a german dude by taliban Video or smoking video and ending up with a psychosis)...

"What is Amnesia?"
"This is Amnesia..."
"HOLY SHIT WTF?!!?"
09-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Find
Kyorisu Offline

Threads: 0

(09-12-2010, 01:00 AM)Informative Wrote: I second this. Seen the Lets Play videos? The guys playing it are mumbling to themselves, screaming like little girls and so forth.

I swear those people are either putting on an act (especially since you learn VERY FAST when you're actually in danger and when the game is just making noises at you) or are in fact 12 year old girls.
09-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Find
Elisius Von Pryde Offline

Threads: 1

I mumble when I play scary games. Natural response really.
As for getting messed up in the head? Naaahhh. I think certain people could. But they'd probably stay away from this kind of thing anyways. Although maybe I'm just kind of jaded to horror so Amnesia wasn't as horrific to me as it would have been if I was a horror novice.
Amnesia was unbelievably terrifying and intense in all the right ways and parts. But I don't think you could suffer PTSD after playing it. Tongue
09-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Find
ploppytheman Offline

You think you had problems I played this on acid at a haunted orphanage built on Indian burial grounds under a ladder!

If you are a kid/girl or something I can see getting freaked out. I jumped a bit and felt panicked ONCE and that was the Iron Maiden the rest I didn't make a peep.
09-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Find
shagen Offline

Threads: 2

I'll be honest. Whenever I play this game for more than thirty or so minutes and get really immersed ... err enGROSSED and I walk back into the real world I become very paranoid that something is coming at me. Every little sound and movement (I live in a city so there is definitely a heckamount of movement) comes under my paranoid radar. This game does affect me subconsciously & psychologically.

Is that aspect negative, you ask? I don't give a flying %&@$.

I love playing this game but it is almost as good just thinking about how damn good this title is.
09-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Find
Thanatos Offline

I've been playing it with a friend and so far we haven't finished, I'm waiting for them to get back from Ireland to continue. Anyway we actually stopped when we realised we had been in one room for about ten minutes just going 'Leave the room' 'I don't want to leave the room... I'm scared' 'it's just a game' 'you do it' 'I can't' etc

I put on a different site
Quote:You know it's bad when the nervous giggling subsides to tense silence and when you are too scared to leave the room that you are currently in. At the point at which we stopped my friend was failing to move the character in any direction and I was actually hiding behind him u.u'

I think part of our mistake was we played for about four or five hours straight before taking our first break, by which point we were pretty hyped up and in need of some tea. Then we took maybe five minutes at the most before going back to the game. We also have the problem that in certain parts Amnesia plays on both our fears. I have an issue with the dark, especially dark enclosed spaces. My friend has a problem with water. My dog also managed to startle us on numerous occasions whilst we were engrossed in the game.

All that said, we both absolutely love the game Big Grin and we got over the stupid amounts of fear that it managed to invoke in us pretty quickly. Seems really silly now, maybe we were more tired than we thought... Needless to say my vision hasn't tried to mimic Daniel's when he's panicking for at least 24 hours :p So I don't think any mental damage is too long lasting, though I now feel that Penumbra is a happy stroll in the park.

Oh and before anyone asks I am 19 and my friend is 21
09-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3

(09-12-2010, 01:12 AM)Kyorisu Wrote: (especially since you learn VERY FAST when you're actually in danger and when the game is just making noises at you)

1.) I still haven't figured out when that is
2.) Even if I did, I expect the devs to play with that expectation.
09-12-2010, 03:48 AM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5

(09-12-2010, 03:48 AM)superluser Wrote:
(09-12-2010, 01:12 AM)Kyorisu Wrote: (especially since you learn VERY FAST when you're actually in danger and when the game is just making noises at you)

1.) I still haven't figured out when that is
2.) Even if I did, I expect the devs to play with that expectation.
I thought I had it figured out, because there are constantly scratches, moans, and footfalls around and above and below you...so when I heard them I didn't really pay it much mind. That comfort has bitten me more than once now.
09-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Find