Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments
tyranius Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Scariest Crap In You Pants Moments

The storage is ****ing tense. Scariest part of the game for me.
05-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Find
Disruption Offline

Threads: 2

Wow, I can barely handle the Refinery, I don't know how I'll last through the rest of the game. Tongue
05-11-2011, 06:03 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Newest moment for me

Being in the Choir and realizing the that brute is standing not two feet away from me, then thinking it just made the 'notice' sound, and absolutely sure that I was about to die.

Then it walked off

The other moment was when I jumped a bit to hide behind one of those columns next to the wall, and the brute DID play the notice sound and i was like FUCK, NOT STEALTHY

When no sound of it giving chase or trying to get me was played, I breathed a sigh of relief
05-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Website Find
Thefamemaster Offline

Threads: 3

The Choir is probably my scariest part now. I thought i was being a ninja, until blood went all over the screen and killed me. The lesson i learned was not to have my lantern on in the Choir...ever
05-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Find
Maple Offline

The Bedroom! I was hiding in the closet and accidentally jolted the mouse - the door opened! I closed it quickly and held it the second time - thankfully nothing noticed.
05-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

Well I recall one moment in Abduction Ch.1 that made me jumb and put down my headphones:
Spoiler below!

In the West Wing there were a few doors that were shutting with a loud BANG all of sudden.

05-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1

I believe my scariest moment was in the demo of Snowed in. I picked up a dagger when a Grunt head broke a hole in the door and showed himself. It was danger close to new pants.

My name is Legion, for we are many
05-24-2011, 04:32 PM
Find
SNightmare Offline

Threads: 0

Oh god... I was in the Morgue right after the syringe part, and that monster was banging on the door, so I ran into the closest room and couldn't maneuver to close the door quickly, so as soon as I got it closed, I crouched in the corner. I didn't move for like 15 seconds; I was just facing the wall and didn't want to turn around, but I heard a loud growl nearby.

That wasn't even the scary part. When I was checking the door of the room I was in to see if it was breaking it down, I accidentally made a splash, and the whole freaking game went silent for a second... Then it started breaking down my door.

Oh yeah, I was also on "...", so if I had that spastic floor thing, I would have died.
05-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Find
Skandis Offline

Threads: 5

There are two things that really scared me, and one honorable mention:

All three of them are based on tension. Jumpscares are nice and all, but when you are sitting on the edge of your seat and expect jumpscares; the tension drivers are what really freaks you out.

1) The valve in the engine room that falls off.

This area has no mobs, no threats, and virtually no darkness. I was scared shitless of this place, as I expected a massive buildup, and was more or less talking to myself IRL to keep calm.

So when you try to get out of the locked room where you just made progress and the valve handle falls off; I screamed and paniced like a little girl.

2)The piano

Oh god this was horrible. Once again this was one of the safe areas in the game, but with dim light and a lot of doors (intuition says it's to block mobs). Any idea how that made me feel?

So you had a piano tune coming every now and then, which made it feel very important. When I first saw the piano in the cooridor, I wasn't even sure if I wanted to approached it. Then I swallowed and charged towards it.

.. So when the protector fell down on the keys, I charged equally fast.. in the other direction. Holed up in the closest room for roughly five minutes before I had calmed myself enough to press on.

3) The water mob room

So I enter the room and think to myself "Finally, a well lit room, thank god". This was followed by a subsequent "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" as the shadow took it over.

The most interesting part is that ever since that room, I developed an irrational fear for knee deep water. Every time I saw it, regardless of the circumstances, I went past it. If I had to go through it, it was done faster than Wile E. Coyote. This stuck with me the entire game.
05-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Find
FrozenStar Offline

The prison escape. Finding the path blocked was a major WTF moment for me.
05-28-2011, 10:57 PM
Find