Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are the drivers?
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Where are the drivers?

Sigh.

Upload your EXPLORER.EXE somewhere, I'll check headers and tell what the type your OS is.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Find
Ignis Offline

Threads: 1

Ok, serious problem now! I tried to uninstall this ATI thing, but it seems in doing so, something got screwed up and when the computer rebooted, the graphics now look distorted. Everything--all of the windows are slightly stretched out of place and it looks wrong. The computer is now lagging significantly and I'm getting the "found new hardware" message. I went into that and had the program search for the software, but that goes with it, but it couldn't find anything and the hardware can't be installed.
Is there any way I can get the graphics back to the way they were?
11-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

You uninstalled your current driver. What is your laptop model?

11-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Website Find
Ignis Offline

It's not a laptop, it's a MAC OS X Desktop that I run Windows XP Professional on. I've determined it's a 32-bit system.
11-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Find
Ignis Offline

Please someone? Anyone??

I'll try and lay out what I think happened:
I downloaded this ATI Radeon thing and installed it. Not knowing what to expect, I thought it was just some other random program (it seems to have been the actual drivers all along) but it behaved strangely. For example, going into My Computer> drive C> Program files I found the ATI folders there, although one of them appeared to be curiously empty, but when I went into Start> Program files nothing ATI related could be found on the list.
Thinking it was something I was better off not having, I tried to remove the program, rebooted the computer and that's when my graphics got screwed up. I tried to reinstall the ATI thing, but that didn't seem to do anything. How do I fix this?
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10

You essentially screwed everything, format and start over.

We are not here to fix all of your computer problems, especially as you appear a wee bit CLUELESS, so please do a quick google for a computer-problems-themed forum and ask there.

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Find
Ignis Offline

I'll do that. I'd just like to point out, though, that while yes, I am clueless, none of you really made an effort to explain anything in great detail and it was your link you sent me to these drivers that screwed me over in the first place.
So thanks a lot. I won't be returning here.
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I still recommend you to install Windows 7 or Linux. Windows XP is an outdated OS and it's nearly impossible to find good support.

11-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Website Find