Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storage -> Creating Explosive while missing Chemistry Pot
FallenAngel Offline

Threads: 2
Storage -> Creating Explosive while missing Chemistry Pot

Hello everyone,

I am at the Back Hall and I have done everything required to all surrounding rooms (study, guest room, archives, storage) except from creating an explosive in the storage -for I cannot! You see, I don't have the chemistry pot required to drill the fluids from those large barrels.

After wandering and wandering and wandering, and finding nothing useful in any of the four available rooms (the archives are now locked and I cannot go through that door), I've read on a walkthrough that I should have taken a Chemistry Pot in the Laboratory. But I haven't. Nevertheless, the game allowed me to move on.

So, now what? Is there a way to go back to the Entrance Hall and from there to the Laboratory from the Back Hall that I'm now in? Or maybe, is there some other pot (or something) in those rooms that I could make use of? Or am I missing (could be!!) something here, an exit or something...?

Starting over the whole game in order to get the pot in the first place is really not an option at this point. I have already loaded a previous saved game when a huge gear went missing because I threw it on a wall. I'm not willing to play everything again...

Thanks for all the help you can provide!! Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2010, 09:06 PM by FallenAngel.)
11-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Website Find
Frontcannon Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Storage -> Creating Explosive while missing Chemistry Pot

Look here!

╔═════════════════╗
☺ Smoke weed everyday ☺
╚═════════════════╝
11-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Find
FallenAngel Offline

Threads: 2

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping to avoid using someone else's saved game as you never know what they have actually done to that point. However, I want to go on with the game. Now. So, that will have to work. Again, thanks!! Smile
11-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Website Find
flcn27 Offline

Threads: 4

So it is possible to continue even if you don't have the pot?
I'm sure Frictional Games will find that interesting. They can patch Amnesia or be more wary for such things in their next game. It doesn't really bother me because this never happened to me, but I can understand that it annoyed some people, like FallenAngel.
So a script on a door that checks if you have the pot or not and a warning message might help, but it also breaks the immersion a bit. Maybe make it more clear (in a note?) that you need a pot before you continue?

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2010, 09:56 PM by flcn27.)
11-13-2010, 09:54 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Lol, no.
They just need to fix the random disappearance of that meat web/thing/whatever.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
11-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Find
freddie Offline

Threads: 0

I have a different problem with the Chemistry pot, its still got acid in it. I cant get back out to throw it on the organic material near the refinery, (its still showing as one of my quests). I cant collect the explosive mixture with the acid in the pot. I have been in the back hall so long, ALL my save gaves are in this section and i cant get out. Am i stuck and need to start again, hope not?
Any ideas anyone?
02-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Find
Zoridium JackL Offline

Threads: 0

(02-22-2011, 12:03 AM)freddie Wrote: I have a different problem with the Chemistry pot, its still got acid in it. I cant get back out to throw it on the organic material near the refinery, (its still showing as one of my quests). I cant collect the explosive mixture with the acid in the pot. I have been in the back hall so long, ALL my save gaves are in this section and i cant get out. Am i stuck and need to start again, hope not?
Any ideas anyone?

just get a new save from someone.
02-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Find