Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HPL level editor won't save
Ossian Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago HPL level editor won't save

Yo dudes

hello I'm new to these forums and I saw the HPL editor download on the Wiki and made an awesome map but I can't save, I have updated the game to the newest version but it still won't save, not sure what to do, I go to save as and give the file a name, choose the directory but when I click save it just goes straight back to the perspective view and if I try to open, the map isn't in the directory I saved in Sad .

HEELP!
thanks in advanceBig Grin

[Image: yHkzvcF.gif]
12-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Find
Ossian Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: HPL level editor won't save

HELP!!! Undecided

12-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

What OS are you using? Do you have write privileges on that directory? Did you try saving somewhere else?

EOF
12-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Find
Ossian Offline

(12-05-2010, 02:13 PM)Luis Wrote: What OS are you using? Do you have write privileges on that directory? Did you try saving somewhere else?

I'm using Windows7 64bit, I run the program as adinistrator, and the game cause if I run the game normally it just crashes on startup, somehow Admin seems to bypass, I have all privileges on the computer

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2010, 10:12 PM by Ossian.)
12-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Find
Mardukpainkiller Offline

Threads: 0

I can save but when I open the folder it does not see the maps that means thet whenI try to rename my scenario main folder or move it to another computer the game does not reconize it!! Sad
07-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

That's a weird thing that happens with Windows when you save in the Program Files directory. Open up the level editor and hit open, then go to where you saved your map. The level editor should see it, even though you can't when you manually navigate to the folder.
07-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(07-14-2011, 03:06 PM)TFEF Wrote: That's a weird thing that happens with Windows when you save in the Program Files directory. Open up the level editor and hit open, then go to where you saved your map. The level editor should see it, even though you can't when you manually navigate to the folder.

thats because at Program Files administrator privileges are required. So, if the editor doesn't run as administrator it will save the file at a "virtual" Program Files folder. Your map can be found under:

C:\Users\-YOUR-USER-NAME-\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files
07-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Find