Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is this game more scary than a frictional game?
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Is this game more scary than a frictional game?

No, it is not.

Silent Hill 1 - yeah, it is.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Nightmare House 2 has only one and single original scare.
All others are just inspiration or plain copycat.

While playing, I enjoyed it very much, yeah, but it doesn't wake any emotion like Korsakovia did for me. It's a horror mod, definitely, but scary? Well, there are parts, especially for someone didn't play Condemned or FEAR.

For FEAR part of discussion, first game was good, and has some good scares too; but why bother beating some brains on a ingeniously crafted horror, while people are satisfied with plain action which requires no brain more than a ten years old head shooter? That was the fate of following games.

01-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Website Find
Pojoman Offline

Threads: 1

I found it was all jump scares, nothing actually scary. However I did find the Walls closing in thing very entertaining, I reloaded my save game just to do it again
01-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Find
NyteMyre Offline

Threads: 5

I played NH2 when it was just released and although i hate horror-games, NH2 was a game that got me back into trying horror games again and i really loved it. If i didnt play NH2 before, i probably would never try Amnesia.

The creator also said that he was a fan of Penumbra and that he got some inspiration out of it (the announcer for example)

The game does feel like a FEAR clone on most parts and has a lot of jump scares but isnt that bad.
The download is small and the mod isn't that lengthy (in a good way), so I recommend it to everyone to try it.
01-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Find