Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
disable wavy video effects?
Mirar Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: disable wavy video effects?

I just tried to play this game - I got it on Steam ages ago - but, I can't play it for many seconds due to motion sickness. (I have an old medical history of viral-related balance issues.)

In short, I really can't take it when the game moves the camera for me.

I know this is an old thread, but:
Did you actually find any good way of turning this off, or is this game just for the bitbucket? :p
11-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Maybe this game is not for you then, and I am not saying that in a mean way of course. There are however one or two graphical options to remove these effects. Disable insanity from PostEffects certainly, try others as well.
11-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Find
Mirar Offline

(11-06-2012, 01:05 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Maybe this game is not for you then, and I am not saying that in a mean way of course. There are however one or two graphical options to remove these effects. Disable insanity from PostEffects certainly, try others as well.
I can't play past the drunken effect in the beginning as it is now.

It's a bit sad and silly that I can't do anything to remove that effect; I can handle all other effects, but not the effect of moving the camera while I'm trying to control it.

I'd really like to play the game...

I'm happy to edit the cfg file, if I knew what to poke at.
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

what drunken effect? The insanity one is causing this weird things. If you feel like the first map is a little tilted that's only in the beginning.
11-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

As far as I know, there aren't any monsters right at the beginning. So maybe it might help to just not look at the screen for the first minute or so. Then take a peek and see if the camera is back to normal. If it is, play and enjoy. If it's still tilted/warped, look away for a bit longer.

11-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Website Find
Mirar Offline

(11-06-2012, 07:16 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: what drunken effect? The insanity one is causing this weird things. If you feel like the first map is a little tilted that's only in the beginning.

Yeah, I haven't gotten past the first map. It's waving left and right in some sort of drunkeness effect.
Maybe I can get someone else to play through that, turn off bobbing and insanity and I'll be fine?
11-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

We cannot know if you will be fine, this game is tough. Disable the settings that cause weird effects. It is a fact though, that the first map is waving left and right a little bit.
11-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Find