Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Discussion Topic
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: Justine is too hard.

(03-25-2013, 05:39 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I think it is more immersing to have hard puzzles that will challenge your brain that you have to exit the game to read a solution and then you will think: "Man, how logic it is!"

How can you immerse yourself if you have to exit game every few minutes?
03-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(03-25-2013, 06:12 PM)Deep One Wrote: How can you immerse yourself if you have to exit game every few minutes?

Because I enjoy to make my own thoughts with the game, explore the environment etc. before reading a solution. I like to stuck!
03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Well... I made it the first time killing everyone (basically because I didn't notice I could save them). When I knew it, I made Justine another time but I accidentally killed them all (I had less chances than I actually thought). So, whatever.

Justine is a trial of character, as the premenu says. Keep the head fresh, don't see the suitors as monsters, see them as something you must sneak of.
Go crouched when they are walking. If you see them far, just walk. That's how I made it.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
03-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Find
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8

(03-25-2013, 06:35 PM)The chaser Wrote: Well... I made it the first time killing everyone (basically because I didn't notice I could save them). When I knew it, I made Justine another time but I accidentally killed them all (I had less chances than I actually thought). So, whatever.

Justine is a trial of character, as the premenu says. Keep the head fresh, don't see the suitors as monsters, see them as something you must sneak of.
Go crouched when they are walking. If you see them far, just walk. That's how I made it.

Not to go off-topic, but this guys avatar is more creepy than Justine o.o
03-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Find
Thief1337 Offline

Threads: 1

"Justine is too hard"

That's what she said.

[Image: wksljl.gif]
03-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-25-2013, 05:39 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I think it is more immersing to have hard puzzles that will challenge your brain that you have to exit the game to read a solution and then you will think: "Man, how logic it is!"

that was literally the dumbest logic i think i have ever seen used on this forum

i don't even

what

do you even know what the word immersion means

i give up

Example: A monster is too hard to get by and kills you every five seconds, you think "wow this is really immersive because in real life this monster would probably be really tough too and kill me super fast!" FUCKING NO THAT IS NOT HOW LOGIC WORKS SLDIUGHDLIFUGBLBHSBR;

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 01:12 AM by Kman.)
03-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Website Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

(03-25-2013, 04:26 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: However, that's no reason to skip SH2, as it is still one of the best horror games ever made and you can actually set the difficulty for puzzles and combat separately in that game. I think that is an awesome thing to have.
That sounds like a cool game, then Smile

(03-25-2013, 05:25 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote: >Open Amnesia
>Click 'Justine'
>Press 'Start new game'
>Play the game
>Die(Optional)
>Play again
Hahahaha

(03-25-2013, 05:39 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I also was not able to solve the puzzles, but that's what I like! That's immersing, walking through the environment again and again, search for something I missed or looking for secrets, hints and other stuff.
I strongly disagree. I like looking around and immersing too. I don't rush through levels, but yesterday I was trying the custom story The Great Work for the second time, and I got stuck somewhere I didn't get stuck the first time. It's just because I'm overlooking something, but I've walked through the big level at least 5 times without any oil left.
I don't enjoy this, I like it when puzzles make you think, instead of making you look around. There should be a system that slowly gives you hints if you take too long.. *writes down for own future custom story*
I don't think it takes wits to walk around and around. Do you think I'm not smart enough for the puzzle I'm talking about? I should be, since I've done it before. Overlooking details can happen to anyone.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-26-2013, 07:38 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Justine: 10 questions.

(03-11-2013, 12:44 PM)Paddy Wrote: 11: At the very beginning of the game you awaken in a cell with a suitor standing outside. Whether or not the suitor is supposed to have imprisoned you himself (which only raises further questions) or if he just peeked through the barred door on a whim, why doesn't he just bash the door in and kill Justine right there and then?
Assuming that in the beginning this is the first suitor Alois, because he is the first suitor to appear, he does not want to necessarily kill Justine. He loves Justine very passionately, which is evident because he wants to hurt himself and possibly others for her happiness. The fact that you are locked up means that he has you all to himself. But when you escape, he doesn't want you to leave him (again) so he kills you and quite possibly keeps you to himself.

If we were to assume it being Basile, he would probably be unable to do anything of large extent towards the door because we cannot make a large assumption of his strength except through notes or if someone tossed a potato at their feet which made him angry and hurt you :'(

Malo is fully capable of being able to tear down the door, but it is quite possible that he couldn't hear Justine even with her soft moaning and sexual-like gasping, as he rather reacts to the sound of the water, or scripting as when you try to escape you pass through a ShowEnemyPlayerPosition() script Tongue

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Justine: 10 questions.

I assumed it was Aloïs who adores Justine and does anything she says, including "hey I want to put myself through this test, after I give myself temporary Amnesia put me in that cell please - whatever you do, don't let me escape!"
04-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
I have a few questions about Justine and it's ending

Warning: spoilers ahead (in case you failed to read the threads title)

1. At the end when you saw the body hanging from the ceiling I thought that was Justine, but then my character talked and said something like "I was never meant for such light". Then when I went through the door and walked the game took over and forced me to walk and I heard some servant (Calrice I think?). So was I Justine the whole time? if so who was the person hanging from the ceiling... I am confused on that.

2. Towards the end of the game where she asks you "who you saved and why" I thought about it and I had not saved any of them. Mainly because I was just trying to survive or couldn't figure out how to. Was I supposed to save them or was it just optional?

3. What exactly is the moral of the story here? was I Justine or [like in my first question] was it the person who was hanging upside down in the last area (where the walls close in)?

Note: I am not to sure what to think... hopefully someone can help me out to understand the story Smile.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2013, 05:27 AM by darkely.)
04-28-2013, 05:23 AM
Find