Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: Justine Unofficial Translations
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Justine DLC Full Greek Text Translation - WIP (70%)

@plutomaniac

I have removed the text "Picked up:" because it looks like a hint.
I see, that I have picked it up, I need not a text about this.
I'm from germany and there's a german translation, but I have revised it to make it much better.
There should not be hints, there only should be unclear speculations of the player.

Hints in games kill all puzzles and that is not the goal.
05-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(05-21-2011, 04:51 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Send it to a Greek gaming site and this way people will know both about Amnesia and your translation. I got over 7000 download just from my personal website.
Though, I don't think even half of them have bought the game.

Thank you for the support, I will post it in greek sites. Maybe I should also register to moddb and post it at the Amnesia section. I agree with you, most Europeans must have the gave downloaded but for that I would blame this games distribution system. Lets stay on the topic though...

(05-21-2011, 04:54 PM)mikael Wrote: Justine uses the word "Cabinet" as a place where people can experience something exciting and discover things they didn't know. Have a look at this wikipedia link if you want to get an idea why she uses that word: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_curiosities

If the story had taken place today she would probably had said something like "carnival ride of discovery" instead of "cabinet of perturbation", or maybe "psychological obstacle course". It is definitely a difficult word to translate and I would suggest you just try to think of something that seems appropriate and sounds cool. Wink

Good luck with the translation.

Interesting, thank you very much - that does make more sense. Now that you said it that way I can definitely find a way better translation than the one I already decided to have. Mmmm, what about:

αίθουσες των αποκαλύψεων μου = rooms(cabinet) of my revelations

does it makes sense?

(05-21-2011, 05:09 PM)Googolplex Wrote: @plutomaniac

I have removed the text "Picked up:" because it looks like a hint.
I see, that I have picked it up, I need not a text about this.
I'm from germany and there's a german translation, but I have revised it to make it much better.
There should not be hints, there only should be unclear speculations of the player.

Hints in games kill all puzzles and that is not the goal.

oh yes, I saw somewhere that you said about this new type of translation. Follow the red trail vs I found a red trail, probably should follow it...something like that. I don't remember now. I do agree with you but personally I decided to stick with the game texts since it is known that Amnesia is more for survival in comparison to Penumbra in which there are more puzzles and stuff.

--------
--------

By the way, have you guys noticed that most of the voices text, especially monster ones like "Come Here!", "Is that you, my love?" etc... are not shown in-game. Is this a Justine bug or they didn't have time to add them?
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2011, 05:28 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Have you enabled the "Effect-Subtitles"?
If yes and it is not showing, I would translate it anyway.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2011, 06:07 PM by Googolplex.)
05-21-2011, 06:06 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(05-21-2011, 06:06 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Have you enabled the "Effect-Subtitles"?

Most probably yes. For what is this about? Is it about the phonograph recordings texts? You may be right.
05-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

They're suitors talking.

05-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

This is for talking effects.
For example, Daniel says suddenly: "Is anyone there?"

In Amnesia, someties you can hear short talking to make more horror.
This is not the main subtitles.
05-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Yes but there are texts for these voices. Do you mean that I have to enable this option in order to see these texts? I said that because I translated all these voices that I never saw in-game. Anyway, this is not a problem.
05-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Yes, the option must be enabled to see this texts.
05-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Find
Yodake Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [REL] German texts/subtitles for Justine [3rd update]

(05-20-2011, 08:19 PM)bobbo Wrote: Hast du Justine schon mit der Übersetzung gespielt und vielleicht noch Fehler gefunden?

Sollte ich welche finden, schreib ich hier rein. Und nein, habs vlt zu 45% durch und muss wieder neu anfangen Rolleyes Ansonsten bisher schöne Übersetzung (Stand 19.05. 18 Uhr).
05-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

RE: [on hold] German texts/subtitles for Justine [4th update]

Es gibt bald keine Fehler mehr, es wird nur noch die Wortwahl und die Satzstellung verschönert.

Es ist so, dass wir uns noch auf eine finale Version einigen, um dem Spieler alles so gut und interessant zu machen, wie möglich.
Wenn man Penumbra auf Deutsch gepielt hat, merkt man, wie schlecht die Texte doch in Amnesia sind.
bobbo hat alle Texte übersetzt, ich denke, er hat ein fettes Lob verdientExclamation
Ich habe vorher Penumbra Requiem übersetzt und wollte auch Justine machen aber das hat nun bobbo ganz gut hinbekommen.
So versuchen wir jetzt, die stumpfen Texte von Amensia nicht nur 1:1 zu übersetzen, sondern eine bestmögliche Formulierung hinzubekommen, die auch interessanter auf den Spieler wirkt.

Ich habe hier noch ein kurzes Beispiel aus dem Journal:

Original:
Finde einen Weg, die verschlossene Tür zu öffnen.

Neu:
Ich habe eine verschlossene Tür entdeckt, vielleicht finde ich ja etwas, womit sie sich öffnen lässt.

Dadurch lassen sich Spiele, die vor allem mit Rätseln zu tun haben, viel interessanter gestalten.
Das ganze soll kein Roman werden, die Texte sind nicht so lang, wie sie scheinen.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM by Googolplex.)
05-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Find