Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your "Wait... what?" moments
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Your "Wait... what?" moments

I think it said "Fragile, but not breakable by hand."

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
04-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(04-28-2011, 04:55 PM)Oscar House Wrote: I think it said "Fragile, but not breakable by hand."

Yea I just played through it does, most curious
04-28-2011, 11:04 PM
Website Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Spoiler below!
When I had sawed off Angrippas head and some weird bug made it so that he kept talking lol, that bug stopped on my 2nd playthrough though

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
04-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Find
csm Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
Did anyone else complete the whole story without sawing off agrippa's head, and not mixing the tonic? and how come in the chancel part they take you and put you in a cell, but anywhere else in the whole castle they make it imperative to kill you?
05-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Find
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3

(05-02-2011, 08:16 AM)csm Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Did anyone else complete the whole story without sawing off agrippa's head, and not mixing the tonic? and how come in the chancel part they take you and put you in a cell, but anywhere else in the whole castle they make it imperative to kill you?
Spoiler below!

Sawing off agrippa's head is not required to complete the game, it is simply a different ending. If I recall correctly, Alexander has some control over the monsters and he ordered them to capture him, not kill him.

05-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

Spoiler below!

Yup, that's how I completed the game the first time. I got captured before I could gather the ingredients for the tonic and was not aware
Spoiler below!
that there are fallback sources in the nave after you escape the cells, in case you didn't obtain the materials the first time.
05-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

My moment came during my third playthrough, when I was mapping the castle out to see if it was possible to build it on Sims 3 (Which sadly, no it isn't. The castle is just too big.)

So I'm in the entrace hall, and I'm thinking that it was likely a half storey above ground, like many castles, which was borne out by the wine cellar, which is one floor lower, being half underground. So from the entrance hall, I went down to the Refinery, so I was then a half storey underground. From there, I went down into the cellar archives, which meant I was then a floor and a half underground. After that, I went up one floor into the Back Hall, so I'm back to being a half floor underground, and then up one more floor to the study, so I'm now a half floor above ground. Yet somehow I'm above the trees, and when I jumped through the window in an earlier playthrough, I was high enough that the landing was instantly fatal.

I know that it was just the way the castle was laid out, and I paid no attention to it before nor since, but it was a bit jarring that time.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
05-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

The elevation of the land outside is likely not stable and could be playing tricks on you.
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Find
envirovore Offline

Threads: 1

Spoiler below!
and how come in the chancel part they take you and put you in a cell, but anywhere else in the whole castle they make it imperative to kill you?

Spoiler below!
In Alexanders speech addressing Daniel after capture, he states that he can 'wait here and stop the shadow', before thanking him. If you wait in that cell long enough the shadow will kill you and play Alexanders ending. He doesn't kill you at that time, as he wants you detained to draw the shadow away from him and his orb. (most logical explanation I can think of at least)

alive we threaten everything
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2011, 11:29 PM by envirovore.)
05-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

(05-02-2011, 09:41 PM)eiahmon Wrote: My moment came during my third playthrough, when I was mapping the castle out to see if it was possible to build it on Sims 3 (Which sadly, no it isn't. The castle is just too big.)

So I'm in the entrace hall, and I'm thinking that it was likely a half storey above ground, like many castles, which was borne out by the wine cellar, which is one floor lower, being half underground. So from the entrance hall, I went down to the Refinery, so I was then a half storey underground. From there, I went down into the cellar archives, which meant I was then a floor and a half underground. After that, I went up one floor into the Back Hall, so I'm back to being a half floor underground, and then up one more floor to the study, so I'm now a half floor above ground. Yet somehow I'm above the trees, and when I jumped through the window in an earlier playthrough, I was high enough that the landing was instantly fatal.

I know that it was just the way the castle was laid out, and I paid no attention to it before nor since, but it was a bit jarring that time.

The flight of stairs you ascend going to the back hall is about twice the height of those descending to the refinery/distillery. So technically, the study should position you approximately 1.5 stories high. The back hall is above ground if anything.
05-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Find