Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?
LordGubGub Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?

Spoiler below!
In the sewers, the part where you have to throw a rock on either side of the brute to distract it, and then run around the other side to get around it. I picked up the rock, but as I was picking it up, it hit the wall, making the brute come around to that side (I didn't think it was loud enough for the brute to hear). I went around to the other side and threw the rock, thinking it would come that side instead, then I turned around to go back around. As I was turning the corner, he was RIGHT F****** THERE! I sprinted as fast as I could down the sewer towards the Nave, and as I was opening the door, another brute spawned behind me, so I had TWO brutes chasing me! I kept sprinting, opened the next door, not stopping to close any doors behind me, and I finally made it up the ladder just before they could kill me. I have no idea how I was able to outrun them, but I made it up the ladder right at the last second. That was one of the scariest moments of the game for me, and also one of the stupidest!

(05-14-2013, 01:28 PM)jennipuu Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Whenever a monster began to chase me (despite my extremely paranoid efforts to build hiding corners everywhere I could), I never did anything like throw my keyboard across the room, hide under the computer desk or close the game. My fingers were glued to the controls alright, but the problem was that both my brain and hands just completely stopped functioning.

One time I was at the end of a long hallway in the Prison area when a grunt spawned at the other end of the corridor. He noticed me and began wobbling towards me, so I panicked. There were 3 doors just beside me. The corridor was long and the grunt was slow, so I had time to try to open all of the doors carefully, notate that each of them seemed indeed very suitable for hiding, and then close them all again and leave there staring at the approaching monster. See the logic? Weird, me neither. Oh well.

After that I decided that my only chance of survival would be to run straight past the monster, and then... well, keep running some more I guess? I really didn't and still don't have the slightest idea.
Somewhere on the way my shaking fingers just so happened to press Tab while I was still holding Shift, and the Steam window popped up, which caused the controls to stop working. I couldn't figure out where to shut it, so screamed ugly things to it instead.
I managed to find the 'close' button immediately after death though

Spoiler below!
I can definitely relate to you when it comes to hands/brain not functioning correctly when in fear! You know the room in the Storage that has the monster standing right there when you open the door? Well there is another room next to it with a bunch of barrels in it, which I planned on using as a hiding place, so I left the door open. I went to the next room, opened the door, and saw the monster right there and I freaked the f*** out! My hands were shaking badly which made Daniel's head flail in every direction. I went to go hide in my hiding room, but I was trying to enter from the wrong side of the door and I was running into the wall instead... lol So I went around the other side of the door where the entrance to the room is, closed the door, and hid in the corner until the monster went away. Somehow he never managed to hit me...
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 02:33 AM by LordGubGub.)
05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Find
jennipuu Offline

Oh no, I couldn't get past the last brute in the sewers :'D I knew exactly what I was meant to do, but it was physically impossible for me to to get myself through all the doors quickly enough. Managed to blow the rock part a couple of times as well... Eventually the game gave up and just let me walk through peacefully.

Quote:I can definitely relate to you when it comes to hands/brain not functioning correctly when in fear! You know the room in the Storage that has the monster standing right there when you open the door? Well there is another room next to it with a bunch of barrels in it, which I planned on using as a hiding place, so I left the door open. I went to the next room, opened the door, and saw the monster right there and I freaked the f*** out! My hands were shaking badly which made Daniel's head flail in every direction. I went to go hide in my hiding room, but I was trying to enter from the wrong side of the door and I was running into the wall instead... lol So I went around the other side of the door where the entrance to the room is, closed the door, and hid in the corner until the monster went away. Somehow he never managed to hit me...

Aw shit..! D: There was one time when I was playing the Storage level with (for) my friend. I knew about the grunt behind the door, and I thought it would be fun to give her a little glimpse at the monster. So, I build up a little hiding place beside the room, slammed the door open and hid behind my barricade.
The monster took his time doing his catwalk in front of me in the other side of the barricade, but after a while I realized that he wasn't going to de-spawn like I thought he would! So there I was, trapped between a wall and a monster... Not quite as planned.
He was repeating a little stroll back and forth the room, so while he was in the other end of the room I quickly tried to sneak away back to the previous room. For a split second there I heard the chasing music just about to begin, but I kept crawling on and managed to sneak away.
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM by jennipuu.)
05-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

@jennipuu
@LordGubGub

Spoilers. Use spoilers.
It's like this.
[spoiler]SPOILER[/spoiler]
It's gonna show up like this.
Spoiler below!
SPOILER

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-15-2013, 01:42 AM
Find
LordGubGub Offline

(05-15-2013, 01:42 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: @jennipuu
@LordGubGub

Spoilers. Use spoilers.
It's like this.
[spoiler]SPOILER[/spoiler]
It's gonna show up like this.
Spoiler below!
SPOILER

Hey, the topic title has a spoiler warning already, so I found it pointless to use the spoiler warning in my post. If someone gets upset, then they didn't read the title correctly. Also I didn't see anyone else using them so I didn't either. But if you insist I will do that from now on, and I apologize.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 02:38 AM by LordGubGub.)
05-15-2013, 02:30 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

LordGubGub, there's no reason to apologize or use spoilers(unless you're quoting a huge wall of text). Our wannabe mod just gets a little excited sometimes.
05-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(05-15-2013, 05:19 AM)Deep One Wrote: LordGubGub, there's no reason to apologize or use spoilers(unless you're quoting a huge wall of text). Our wannabe mod just gets a little excited sometimes.

yaes

"Veni, vidi, vici."
05-15-2013, 05:48 AM
Find
FatShady Offline

Hi guys, first time poster here but wanted to join the community.

Also, was really surprised that there was any issue with spoilers in THIS thread but as I'm new I'll do what seems to be required... Hope to join in on the community a little Smile

Spoiler below!
There is a moment where you have to remove a picture from a wall to get a key to progress (Sorry, I don't know what this is called but you'll know it)... I had been working at that room/s for a little while and was getting really frustrated. I had no ida where to go or what to do but I had made a promise to myself to avoid youtube etc... After what felt like 20 minutes of just walking back and forth I was totally frustrated and in anger/frustration i started throwing stuff.. Not sure if this is what was supposed to happen or if i had missed a clue but the first thing i threw, without even trying hit the picture and the key was revealed.

I can honestly say this was one of the best moments in the game for me.. because I'd never played it before and wasn't sure what to expect.. but this exact moment was amazing and in a split second, made me feel soo happy to progress and soo stupid for not thinking of that sooner.
05-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(05-18-2013, 01:15 AM)FatShady Wrote: Hi guys, first time poster here but wanted to join the community.

Also, was really surprised that there was any issue with spoilers in THIS thread but as I'm new I'll do what seems to be required... Hope to join in on the community a little Smile

Spoiler below!
There is a moment where you have to remove a picture from a wall to get a key to progress (Sorry, I don't know what this is called but you'll know it)... I had been working at that room/s for a little while and was getting really frustrated. I had no ida where to go or what to do but I had made a promise to myself to avoid youtube etc... After what felt like 20 minutes of just walking back and forth I was totally frustrated and in anger/frustration i started throwing stuff.. Not sure if this is what was supposed to happen or if i had missed a clue but the first thing i threw, without even trying hit the picture and the key was revealed.

I can honestly say this was one of the best moments in the game for me.. because I'd never played it before and wasn't sure what to expect.. but this exact moment was amazing and in a split second, made me feel soo happy to progress and soo stupid for not thinking of that sooner.

If you're still progressing in the game, after you get in the elevator, prepare yourself for the most scariest level in Amnesia. Or is it the Storage?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
05-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Find
FatShady Offline

(05-18-2013, 01:27 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: If you're still progressing in the game, after you get in the elevator, prepare yourself for the most scariest level in Amnesia. Or is it the Storage?

Nah I finished it maybe a year ago? 9 mths maybe? I know what you are talking about and agree Smile

But of all the stand out moments, that feeling of hopelessness turning into a great discovery was just perfect.

Also, I'm really surprised by the amount of friends I have who have not finished this. I have a large group of online gamer friends and they are all too scared.. Im sad for them because the game was one of my greatest memories from 25+ years of gaming Wink
05-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Find
RiverPhlegethon Offline

I'm new to the forum. First post!
One of the most ridiculous moments I had was playing through Storage with a friend. We were pretty near the exit, but we could hear a monster around. She said I should wait for it to go away, but I thought we could make a run for it and still make it. I'm pretty sure this was our first playthrough, so we were still scared of the monsters. I decided to make a run for it, but ending up colliding with the monster. It almost killed me, but we still made it out alive, with lots of screaming in the process. Smile
I've got more than a few stories about our first time playing through the game.
05-23-2013, 02:08 PM
Find