Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?

(05-23-2013, 02:08 PM)RiverPhlegethon Wrote: I'm new to the forum. First post!
One of the most ridiculous moments I had was playing through Storage with a friend. We were pretty near the exit, but we could hear a monster around. She said I should wait for it to go away, but I thought we could make a run for it and still make it. I'm pretty sure this was our first playthrough, so we were still scared of the monsters. I decided to make a run for it, but ending up colliding with the monster. It almost killed me, but we still made it out alive, with lots of screaming in the process. Smile
I've got more than a few stories about our first time playing through the game.

First of all, welcome to this forum! I hope you'll have a wonderful experience here!

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
LordGubGub Offline

Threads: 0

(05-23-2013, 02:08 PM)RiverPhlegethon Wrote: I'm new to the forum. First post!
One of the most ridiculous moments I had was playing through Storage with a friend. We were pretty near the exit, but we could hear a monster around. She said I should wait for it to go away, but I thought we could make a run for it and still make it. I'm pretty sure this was our first playthrough, so we were still scared of the monsters. I decided to make a run for it, but ending up colliding with the monster. It almost killed me, but we still made it out alive, with lots of screaming in the process. Smile
I've got more than a few stories about our first time playing through the game.

Woo, I'm new too! Big Grin

Haha, the Storage is such a terrifying area. That monster behind the door was one of the worst things for me...

Playing Amnesia with friends watching you is fun. I played 90% of the game alone, but I couple areas I played with some friends watching, and it was just as scary as it was playing it alone. We're pretty serious most of the time because we're really immersed in the game, and they all like to laugh at my reactions. lol

One of the funniest/scariest moments when I was playing with my friends was in the Prison. A couple of my friends hadn't seen the game before, and while I was playing I tried to avoid looking at the monsters completely. I got to the part right before the cistern where you unlock the door, and a monster spawns right behind you. I ran to the door, and one of my friends said, "look at it," idk why but I turned around and saw the monster running towards me, stared at it for a few seconds while all my friends were screaming, "RUN RUN RUN! GO THROUGH THE DOOR!" I went through the door to the cistern right at the last second, and they were yelling things like "WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" It was funny, because they usually laugh at MY reactions, but this time it was the other way around! Good times.
05-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Find
RiverPhlegethon Offline

Thank you, JustAnotherPlayer! Smile
Yeah, being with friends while playing the game can lead to some hilarious moments. When me and my friend got to the Cellar Archives, we couldn't get past the chase part for some reason. So our solution was that she would control the Keyboard movements, and I would control the Mouse movements. She would run, and I would open doors as we hit them. It was pretty crazy with us doing this while screaming!
05-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Find
A Quiet Badger Offline

In the Sewers when you need to throw a rock to get the brute's attention so he'll walk away, I picked up a rock and leaned towards him and instead of throwing it past him it hit the corner of the wall I was leaning from, and I got chased. It was horrible.
05-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Find
Bucic Offline

Threads: 27

En equally stupid and spooky story from me.

I've finished 2 levels or so in Amnesia, playing for an hour or two at once, discussing every part of the gameplay with my friend who were few levels ahead of me already. He asked me if I saw one of the first monsters in the library (?). I said I didn't, and that I heard the growl, looked in that direction and saw nothing. It went for few gameplay hours like that and I got to the wine cellar eventually. Then one day I discovered that my re-cabled headphones had inverted channels (I was getting left channel in my right headphone cap etc.). I got goosebumps when I realized that...
Spoiler below!
... while playing most probably few times when I heard some noise I was looking in the opposite direction, putting monsters and what not behind my back!

Grphc mods
[Image: moddb_88x31_v12.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2013, 06:04 PM by Bucic.)
05-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Find
TheBik Offline

Threads: 1

The funniest/stupidest moment I had was when I was playing with a couple of friends. We were stuck wandering in circles through the Prisons for ages, so we started taking turns playing. My one friend was playing when she finally found the room with the glass jar for the acid. As she walks out, we all hear the monster spawn, and she turns a corner and sees it slowly waddling towards us from down a long hall. She promptly screams, spins around, and then pushes her chair away from the desk and covers her eyes.
AND SHE DIDN'T PAUSE THE GAME.
My other friend and I immediately begin to panic and we both dive for the controls. I wound up holding down the shift and W keys while my other friend controlled the mouse. Even with both of us playing, we still got murdered by that damn grunt.

I hated the Prisons so much.
05-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Find
sportakus1 Offline

the funiest thing in amnesia was that i baricated in guest room next to the main door to back hall...after the monster hiding time i looked at the barricade.......nothing happened to it..wtf...

the stupidest thing was in guest room (again) when i jumped hour along to dont get fear of the monster time hiding chase....yep this was stupid....
06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Find
AutoCon8411 Offline

I was in the Sewers, and prior to starting the game (about a few months before), I read up on the wiki and it said to throw the rocks on the side of the sewers that you picked it up from to distract the Brute before running the other way.

I misread it and tried to toss the rock over the Brute's head to lead it the other way... it cost me my "deathless" playthrough, and the Brute killed me twice (once because I splashed too loud, the other because, while trying to throw the rock again, I hit a pipe just above me and the rock rebounded to where I was crouched).
09-21-2013, 04:17 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-21-2013, 04:17 AM)AutoCon8411 Wrote: I was in the Sewers, and prior to starting the game (about a few months before), I read up on the wiki and it said to throw the rocks on the side of the sewers that you picked it up from to distract the Brute before running the other way.

I misread it and tried to toss the rock over the Brute's head to lead it the other way... it cost me my "deathless" playthrough, and the Brute killed me twice (once because I splashed too loud, the other because, while trying to throw the rock again, I hit a pipe just above me and the rock rebounded to where I was crouched).

Physics a bitch, huh?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Find
AutoCon8411 Offline

(09-21-2013, 04:39 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(09-21-2013, 04:17 AM)AutoCon8411 Wrote: I was in the Sewers, and prior to starting the game (about a few months before), I read up on the wiki and it said to throw the rocks on the side of the sewers that you picked it up from to distract the Brute before running the other way.

Physics a bitch, huh?

Very much so, yes Tongue
09-21-2013, 07:52 AM
Find