Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Hardcore Mode
Funman Offline

Threads: 10
Amnesia Hardcore Mode

I really wish Frictional would release a version of Amnesia where if you died, the game ended and your save file was deleted, like in Justine. I know it could probably be easily made as a mod or something, but I think it would be cool if it was "official."
07-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
RE: Amnesia Hardcore Mode

What about in the transept you have all 6 orb pieces and monsters captures you? A death will teleport you there. Though in the main story you don't die, But ingame you die, because the "sleep" message is a part of the death part... Don't know if you understand

listen to boards of canada
07-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Website Find
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9

:/ Not sure if id play Hardcore mode if it were "official'.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
07-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Find
Rainbowmode Offline

Threads: 0

Yeah i would love to see a Hardcore mode where death means game over and maybe you get a score based on your time and how far you got.
Also Hardcore Monster Mode with random patrolling enemies.
07-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

But Amnesia has about ten times the playing time of Justine.

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Website Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

"HARDCORE AMNESIA!"
07-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Find
Funman Offline

Threads: 10

Yeah, I'm sure weird stuff would happen with scripting when you got to the part in the transept where you get captured. Also, a remix mode could be cool. It would change some of the maps a bit, and it would change the locations of the items and monsters.
07-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I'm pretty sure it's not "real death" in the transept, just a script that make it seem like you die, but the game mechanics of death is not a part of the script, just what I think. And even if it is "real dying", they scripted it to not make the game spawn you by the nearest checkpoint but to transport you to the cell. If they pull that off by scripting, I'm pretty sure they can prevent the script from reaching the command which deletes the save, the same way the old script prevents you from dying for real.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Well, it's already possible to finish the game without picking up tinderbox and oil lamp at all.

Hardcore mode with no continuation... sounds interesting, but there must be at last one fail-safe checkpoint in case of glitch or crash. Otherwise, you need to have a REALLY steel patience.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(07-08-2011, 10:38 PM)nackidno Wrote: I'm pretty sure it's not "real death" in the transept, just a script that make it seem like you die, but the game mechanics of death is not a part of the script, just what I think. And even if it is "real dying", they scripted it to not make the game spawn you by the nearest checkpoint but to transport you to the cell. If they pull that off by scripting, I'm pretty sure they can prevent the script from reaching the command which deletes the save, the same way the old script prevents you from dying for real.

It actually is a real death. It uses the CheckPoint callback, which is only triggered when the player dies.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
07-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Find