Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra in Sims 3
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Penumbra in Sims 3

Well, out of neccessity, I'm currently turning the storeroom (where you get the saw) into a kitchen/dining area, since there is literally no other place to put it. After that, I'm probably going to do the library next.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
08-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

After taking a couple days away from Sims to play Amnesia: Abduction (Whee! What a ride! Damn good job Anxt!), I'm back with more pics. XD

The Infirmary is as done as it's going to get for now. Thanks to a massive coding change by Maxis, the modding community for Sims 3 is much, much smaller than it is for Sims 2. The fact that the game has only been around for a couple years doesn't help either. For those reasons, I can't find lockers that will work. (I have, however, found large banks of lockers that would work great if I was recreating Penumbra Overture. XD) Needless to say, Cryo tanks don't exist for either game. I'll figure out what to do with the space later.

The crate you see by the TV is pushable, and sims will gain body skill by shoving it around. The person who made it also made a pushable bookshelf that I'll be using later to hide the door in the library to Howard's secret room.

Huge thanks to Hekate999 on modthesims.info for the hospital set. Smile

[Image: Screenshot-29.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-30.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-31.jpg]

For some reason the forum lost its ability to count and kept telling me that my image count was exceeding the allowed amount, even though it wasn't. But to shut it up, I had to split the post.

Here's the room where you get the saw in Penumbra, which I've turned into a kitchen/dining area, simply because there is no other place to put it in the lot. I haven't done the walls yet, since it's one of those that will need a detailed RGB mask, and I'm not looking to forward to that. I'll likely do it soon though, so I can call this room finished.

[Image: Screenshot-32.jpg]

XD This is turning out pretty good I think, though I need to go back into Black Plague and take another look at the Infirmary wall. The wall I created only has 1 recolorable channel, and i don't like the color I picked in Create a Style. I need to find somethig closer. :p

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2011, 10:22 AM by eiahmon.)
08-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

It looks amazing! Very nice work! SmileSmileSmileSmile

(yes, you can have up to 4 pictures at one post - that's why it wouldn't let you!)
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2011, 07:44 PM by plutomaniac.)
08-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Thanks Pluto! Smile

It was telling me that I could have up to six, and I had posted too many! XDD

08-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

I wonder what your Sim looks like. Tongue

08-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(08-24-2011, 07:45 PM)Scraper Wrote: I wonder what your Sim looks like. Tongue

Infected Sims 3?
08-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Too bad I don't know how to do body meshing. An evil, mean spirited, grumpy Clarence on the lot would be VERY entertaining, I think.

08-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Quick update. Smile

Kitchen/dining area is done, though it would be funny if I could find a saw to stick on the shelf there.
[Image: Screenshot-35.jpg]

Doesn't that just make you wanna rush in there and cook yourself something to eat?
[Image: Screenshot-36.jpg]

The floor and walls in the airlock area are taken care of. I need to add the ceiling tiles later, and at some point I need to tinker with the fog emitter and see if it has a command to fill the area up with smoke or something. The fog emitter is pretty cool and can be used to create all sorts of visual effects. I used it to make steam rise from a "volcanic" lake, and at one point used three of them to create a tornadic supercell thunderstorm on a lot. So I'm hoping out of its hundreds of different commands, there is one that will work for this.
[Image: Screenshot-37.jpg]

Yet again, it's telling me that I tried to post six images. Someone really needs to teach the php bb how to count. XD

The library is in progress. The walls didn't come out near as good as I had hoped, though I'm not totally surprised. Even with bump maps and such, the Sims 3 is not truly capable of making walls look 3D, nor can it use lighting effects to make light and dark areas on walls. Soon, I need to go into Penumbra and get a good layout of the book shelves and their color. The silver sphere you see in the small room is a tomb marker, and once in actuall play mode (Instead of build or buy mode) it will hide that room, and it won't be visible until a sim actually walks in there.
[Image: Screenshot-39.jpg]

:p I'm loving this. XD

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 09:55 AM by eiahmon.)
08-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Looks great but I didn't get the tomb thing...
08-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

It's Howard's secret room.

08-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Website Find