Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Obviously this is just my opinion but I think the indoor levels are lacking. It might just be because I'm so used to TDD assets and because there are so many custom stories so it just looks a bit samey but it looks about the same level as a good custom story. The screenshot with the chandelier, the top window looks dreadful, no billboards, particle effects or even a spotlight. The lighting in general seems worse than TDD which had great lighting. They should have been prepared for people to pick the screenshots to pieces. And still using Amnesia TDD mansion walls? It doesn't take THAT long to create a new wall set. Maybe these are older screenshots and these are just placeholders? I may sound like I'm being harsh, but with the response they got from TDD they should've know people were expecting more. They said that at the beginning it was just going to be a kind of expansion like Justine? They should advertised it more like that so people weren't expecting a 100% new game. They do seem like they're working hard so maybe it's just a matter of too much work and not enough people.

However, the outside levels look really really good. And some areas in the trailers looked much better than some of these screenshots, I wonder why they chose to use those ones... Maybe I was just expecting too much!

Again, just my opinion Tongue
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 01:54 PM by ExpectedIdentifier.)
04-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(04-20-2013, 01:18 PM)sonataarctica Wrote: Obviously this is just my opinion but I think the indoor levels are lacking. It might just be because I'm so used to TDD assets and because there are so many custom stories so it just looks a bit samey but it looks about the same level as a good custom story. The screenshot with the chandelier, the top window looks dreadful, no billboards, particle effects or even a spotlight. The lighting in general seems worse than TDD which had great lighting. They should have been prepared for people to pick the screenshots to pieces. And still using Amnesia TDD mansion walls? It doesn't take THAT long to create a new wall set. Maybe these are older screenshots and these are just placeholders? I may sound like I'm being harsh, but with the response they got from TDD they should've know people were expecting more. They said that at the beginning it was just going to be a kind of expansion like Justine? They should advertised it more like that so people weren't expecting a 100% new game. They do seem like they're working hard so maybe it's just a matter of too much work and not enough people.

However, the outside levels look really really good. And some areas in the trailers looked much better than some of these screenshots, I wonder why they chose to use those ones... Maybe I was just expecting too much!

Again, just my opinion Tongue

The industrial indoor screenshots are epic though.
EDIT: 666 UHERHUERHUEUHEUHREUHREUHR

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 01:56 PM by Hardarm.)
04-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Website Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

I think people are going a little overboard with this thing. Frictional games has so far been great with giving us almost no info on the game, but still enough to keep us satisfied. I suppose they know they have to give us something, and I don't think we can begin to judge the game at this point based on a small handful of darkened screenshots.
04-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

Threads: 0

(04-20-2013, 02:06 PM)bluel0bster Wrote: I think people are going a little overboard with this thing. Frictional games has so far been great with giving us almost no info on the game, but still enough to keep us satisfied. I suppose they know they have to give us something, and I don't think we can begin to judge the game at this point based on a small handful of darkened screenshots.

You're right! Guys, you are to hard with what I think is a beautyful work!
04-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Website Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/gl...468660.jpg

I see a bloody saw in this picture. Do you guys see it too or is it just a product of my thirsty imagination? Tongue

04-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(04-20-2013, 02:31 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/gl...468660.jpg

I see a bloody saw in this picture. Do you guys see it too or is it just a product of my thirsty imagination? Tongue

That's the two man saw used as a torture tool in TDD.
04-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

robosprog Wrote:That mansion picture had some terrible lighting, I mean, as an example of good lighting:

Uh... that picture just looks like a black screen with an orange spot in the middle to me. It actually looks far worse than the screenshot everyone's criticizing here. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your lighting is bad and I understand what you want to show here, what I AM saying is that somehow, screenshots taken in hpl games sometimes tend to look weird compared to what it really looks like ingame.

Remember how they already had troubles with the gamma in the teaser trailer? I think the same thing is going on here. So calm down everyone and stop telling the professionals how to do their job, eh? I'm sure it will look absolutely awesome once we get to see everything ingame. Wink
04-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(04-20-2013, 02:39 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 02:31 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/gl...468660.jpg

That's the two man saw used as a torture tool in TDD.

Yeah, it reminded me of that as well.

Anyway, I think most of the folks here are overreacting to the pictures. I'm sure that in-game the sceneries will look much, much better.

04-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Find
AmbrozZomburg Offline

You are going to be so scared that you will not have the time to see defaults Wink
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
Website Find
Themaagen Offline

(04-20-2013, 02:46 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
robosprog Wrote:That mansion picture had some terrible lighting, I mean, as an example of good lighting:

Uh... that picture just looks like a black screen with an orange spot in the middle to me. It actually looks far worse than the screenshot everyone's criticizing here. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your lighting is bad and I understand what you want to show here, what I AM saying is that somehow, screenshots taken in hpl games sometimes tend to look weird compared to what it really looks like ingame.

Remember how they already had troubles with the gamma in the teaser trailer? I think the same thing is going on here. So calm down everyone and stop telling the professionals how to do their job, eh? I'm sure it will look absolutely awesome once we get to see everything ingame. Wink
Yeah, some of the comments I see on this forum makes me ashamed to be part of this community. Refusing to buy the game because it's been delayed (so they can meet your demands)is just childish. The game has been in development shorter then most games. Come on people, I'm excited too but We're not kids on Christmas Eve Wink
04-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Find