Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(04-20-2013, 03:57 PM)Themaagen Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 02:46 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
robosprog Wrote:That mansion picture had some terrible lighting, I mean, as an example of good lighting:

Uh... that picture just looks like a black screen with an orange spot in the middle to me. It actually looks far worse than the screenshot everyone's criticizing here. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your lighting is bad and I understand what you want to show here, what I AM saying is that somehow, screenshots taken in hpl games sometimes tend to look weird compared to what it really looks like ingame.

Remember how they already had troubles with the gamma in the teaser trailer? I think the same thing is going on here. So calm down everyone and stop telling the professionals how to do their job, eh? I'm sure it will look absolutely awesome once we get to see everything ingame. Wink
Yeah, some of the comments I see on this forum makes me ashamed to be part of this community. Refusing to buy the game because it's been delayed (so they can meet your demands)is just childish. The game has been in development shorter then most games. Come on people, I'm excited too but We're not kids on Christmas Eve Wink

Yeah, shame on these people for having an opinion on the aesthetics of a particular level in the game! We should all know better than to give our thoughts on the games progress and design. I don't know who is refusing to buy the game but who cares, it's their loss.
04-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Find
Themaagen Offline

Threads: 0

(04-20-2013, 04:20 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 03:57 PM)Themaagen Wrote:
(04-20-2013, 02:46 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
robosprog Wrote:That mansion picture had some terrible lighting, I mean, as an example of good lighting:

Uh... that picture just looks like a black screen with an orange spot in the middle to me. It actually looks far worse than the screenshot everyone's criticizing here. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your lighting is bad and I understand what you want to show here, what I AM saying is that somehow, screenshots taken in hpl games sometimes tend to look weird compared to what it really looks like ingame.

Remember how they already had troubles with the gamma in the teaser trailer? I think the same thing is going on here. So calm down everyone and stop telling the professionals how to do their job, eh? I'm sure it will look absolutely awesome once we get to see everything ingame. Wink
Yeah, some of the comments I see on this forum makes me ashamed to be part of this community. Refusing to buy the game because it's been delayed (so they can meet your demands)is just childish. The game has been in development shorter then most games. Come on people, I'm excited too but We're not kids on Christmas Eve Wink

Yeah, shame on these people for having an opinion on the aesthetics of a particular level in the game! We should all know better than to give our thoughts on the games progress and design. I don't know who is refusing to buy the game but who cares, it's their loss.

Not talking about that - feedback is good. It's just people that need to relax a little Smile The game is coming Big Grin
04-20-2013, 04:28 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

yeah, i think some people here are completely obsessed with lightning and want to put shiny rays of light in every single spot with additional sparklez to make it look even nicer.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 05:02 PM by Nice.)
04-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I, for one, am an owl who like my rooms completely pitch dark.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
04-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(04-20-2013, 02:46 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Remember how they already had troubles with the gamma in the teaser trailer? I think the same thing is going on here. So calm down everyone and stop telling the professionals how to do their job, eh? I'm sure it will look absolutely awesome once we get to see everything ingame. Wink

So, you're saying that bright spots on the ceiling or unlit blotches are gamma or screenshot issues? Smile

Dogfood Wrote:yeah, i think some people here are completely obsessed with lightning and want to put shiny rays of light in every single spot with additional sparklez to make it look even nicer.

You're pulling a strawman argument. Smile

^(;,;)^
04-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
Vindicia Offline

I'm so excited about this game I can't really say anything bad about it... for some reason. I just like it.
04-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: So, you're saying that bright spots on the ceiling or unlit blotches are gamma or screenshot issues? [Image: smile.gif]
Why,yes. Not the spots themselves, but the contrast between them may very well look far worse on this screenshot than it does in the actual game. Likewise, the black parts might have a nice ambient light on them that just isn't visible on the screenies due to the problems mentioned. So personally, I'll just keep my mouth shut until I have the actual game in front of me.

Also, I dunno...somehow this overly critical stance just irks me, on a purely emotional level. It's like there's just no pleasing the Frictional fanbase! If they don't release anything for five minutes, everyone whines that they don't care about their fans, if they release something, the first thing they hear is either "it's not enough" or "it looks like arse". If I was working for Frictional or TCR, I'd be really fed up by now and my motivation to finish this game would be somewhere near zero.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 06:11 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Find
Themaagen Offline

(04-20-2013, 06:10 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: So, you're saying that bright spots on the ceiling or unlit blotches are gamma or screenshot issues? [Image: smile.gif]
Why,yes. Not the spots themselves, but the contrast between them may very well look far worse on this screenshot than it does in the actual game. Likewise, the black parts might have a nice ambient light on them that just isn't visible on the screenies due to the problems mentioned. So personally, I'll just keep my mouth shut until I have the actual game in front of me.

Also, I dunno...somehow this overly critical stance just irks me, on a purely emotional level. It's like there's just no pleasing the Frictional fanbase! If they don't release anything for five minutes, everyone whines that they don't care about their fans, if they release something, the first thing they hear is either "it's not enough" or "it looks like arse". If I was working for Frictional or TCR, I'd be really fed up by now and my motivation to finish this game would be somewhere near zero.
Well put. Frictional Games and THC hasn't failed yet in any regard imo Smile
04-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Find
Ossie Offline

Threads: 8

(04-20-2013, 06:19 PM)Themaagen Wrote: Well put. Frictional Games and THC hasn't failed yet in any regard imo Smile

THC ???

Don't you mean TCR (thechineseroom) ? Smile
04-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Find
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1

I, for one, find these new screenshots amazing, and I really don't get those who complain a lot. Like they could have done it better or I don't know what.
04-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Find