Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Yup, I don't think I'd like achievements either. It'd really kill the atmosphere. I mean I played the HD versions of Shadow of the Colossus and Ico on PS3 recently and I was really annoyed by the constant popping up of pointless trophies there. It just makes the games feel less art-like somehow. ^^

I think bacon-related shenanigans would be better implemented as an easter egg ^^
07-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
SonOfLiberty796 Offline

Threads: 39

...Now that you both mention it... achievements on Amnesia would be pointless lol :p
07-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0

(07-10-2012, 09:55 PM)Xvideogamer720X Wrote: ...Now that you both mention it... achievements on Amnesia would be pointless lol :p
They would only take you out of the immersion. For example:

You: *Desperately running away from a monster, trying to find a hiding spot.*

[LOLOL ACHEIVMENT UNLUCKED: RUNING FRUM PIGGE]

You: *Looks at stupid achievement and then is suddenly blasted out of immersion and no longer cares that a monster is coming to kill you.*

"Marzipan, darling."
07-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

One cool Achievement could be like: "Have a monster chase last 1 minute" or "Have a chase last 30 seconds without taking damage."

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

[Image: 1330796491822.gif]

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM by Potato.)
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

(07-11-2012, 09:58 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: One cool Achievement could be like: "Have a monster chase last 1 minute" or "Have a chase last 30 seconds without taking damage."
No,that's not good. If amnesia would have such an achievement,then players will try intentionally to make the monsters chasing them. It will ruin the immersion,players should want to stay away as much as they can from the monsters (out of fear of course),not run into the monsters to get some achievements.

Achievement system does not fit at all to Amnesia.
07-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

I'm not saying it should have achievements, there's no need. It just kills the horror as you said. It will pop up, you will click on it, therefore pausing the game and ruining the experience. I was only suggesting it.

07-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I think achievements would spoil the game abit.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-12-2012, 01:22 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Achievement Earned! $#!%: Shat your pants!
Achievement Earned! BLT - Bacon, Lettuce and Terror: Kill a pig-monster with a head of cabbage.
Achievement Earned! Nice throw: Knock a knight helmet off with another knight helmet.
Achievement Earned! Wasteful: Light a candle with a tinderbox and leave, never to return.
Achievement Earned! Reality Check: Jump repeatedly while running from water monster, STILL die.
Achievement Earned! Challenged: Fail to distinguish push door from pull door.
Achievement Earned! Stefa-NO: Pick up, name, and carry around an inanimate object as if it would protect you.
Achievement Earned! Flippin' Barrels: Fling 5 barrels over your head within 3 seconds, in search of oil bottles.
Achievement Earned! Box? Cylinder?: Pick up and use every tinderbox in the game (good luck with this one)
Achievement Earned! Legos: Make a box of towers.
Achievement Earned! There should be more...: Kill a grunt with a bottle of cuprite.
Achievement Earned! Mathematician: Solve the multi-lever puzzle WITHOUT guessing.
Achievement Earned! Vandalism: Solve every puzzle in the game by throwing boxes or rocks.
Achievement Earned! Chillax: Complete the game without ever sprinting or crouching.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 10:39 AM by palistov.)
07-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Haha there are some great ones in there. Love the BLT Wink

07-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Find