Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012, 08:01 AM by Kreekakon.)
12-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

I really hope you're right Kreekakon. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Pewdie's old LPs of Penumbra and the original Amnesia, so it would be awesome if could go "back to the roots" with AMFP. But I wonder if, after that long period of goofiness, he's still able to be really frightened by a game he Let's Plays? Or does the act of turning the microphone on already flip some sort of "acting mode" switch in his brain? Wink
12-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote: EDIT: Also, you've got some nerve telling people they don't understand what a game is about. If they played it, they get the story. If it went over their head, that's the artist's fault, not the audience's. If the artist specifically created whatever the piece of art in question is with the intention of obscuring the true meaning so that only a few people would get it, that is a bad piece of art. That's not to say art has to be simplistic, but it absolutely does have to be comprehensible, if not clear.
You've got some nerve to call a piece of media bad (be it a game, book or movie) just because you don't understand it? Well, aren't we quite pretentious? Fun how your own statement works against you.
Some media isn't for everyone, especially when it directly states so in premiere/reprise. That's why there is whole movement/category like "art-house" in movies, for example. The only question is why do you consume such kind of media and then whine about it in a first place when you could try something else instead? Don't like Miasmata and Dear Esther? Play Lone Survivor or Amnesia. Or dead Space. What the problem?
(12-17-2012, 07:59 PM)Paint the man cut the lines Wrote: you do know that AMFP will be completely ruined once its released because of PewDieDick
Man, if you let someone else to ruin genuine product for you - it is only your fault. You always have a choice to ignore. I myself, for example, never was so invested into Amnesia/FG community so I still have no idea what PewDie is. And I have no interest - even plain curiosity - to enlighten myself (judging by what I heard so far). I do enjoy the game(s) and that's enough for me.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
12-18-2012, 12:07 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(12-18-2012, 11:43 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I really hope you're right Kreekakon. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Pewdie's old LPs of Penumbra and the original Amnesia, so it would be awesome if could go "back to the roots" with AMFP. But I wonder if, after that long period of goofiness, he's still able to be really frightened by a game he Let's Plays? Or does the act of turning the microphone on already flip some sort of "acting mode" switch in his brain? Wink
Well, watching his VLOG series "Fridays with Pewdiepie", and his LPs of some scarier, or deeper non-Amnesia games, I'd say he still very much has the ability to give his genuine reactions to a game, or matter. It all depends on if he's willing to.

Given that AMFP is the sequal to the very core, classical game of his fanbase, I'm thinking he'll show it respect by playing it how he really would.

Image by BandyGrass
12-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-18-2012, 12:10 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 11:43 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I really hope you're right Kreekakon. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Pewdie's old LPs of Penumbra and the original Amnesia, so it would be awesome if could go "back to the roots" with AMFP. But I wonder if, after that long period of goofiness, he's still able to be really frightened by a game he Let's Plays? Or does the act of turning the microphone on already flip some sort of "acting mode" switch in his brain? Wink
Well, watching his VLOG series "Fridays with Pewdiepie", and his LPs of some scarier, or deeper non-Amnesia games, I'd say he still very much has the ability to give his genuine reactions to a game, or matter. It all depends on if he's willing to.

Given that AMFP is the sequal to the very core, classical game of his fanbase, I'm thinking he'll show it respect by playing it how he really would.
I don't think so. And that 'goofiness' you talk about, "AH IM GETTING RAPED IM GETTING RAPED STEFFAAANNOOO HELP RAPE RAPE RAPE"... ... ... ...

no.

Because DeepOne didn't want another Pewdiepie fight, I replaced what I wrote with this:

|
V

Spoiler below!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTkxBpz9PHFldo8IrfKc7n...PAdkg1dcf4]

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012, 03:42 PM by crisosphinx.)
12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

Oh please no, not another PDP fight!
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-18-2012, 03:19 PM)Deep One Wrote: Oh please no, not another PDP fight!
I'll delete what I wrote and replace it with a picture of a kitten if that makes you feel better.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
12-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Find
Saty Offline

Threads: 1

Am i the only one who thinks this game won't live up to the original i.e. Amnesia Dark Descent?
In gaming they usually make the first game brilliant( example- Suffering,Wolfenstein,Fear,Dead space etc..) but the second one is in a lot of cases a shadow of the first game.
I could be wrong but screaming pigs in chinatown just don't cut it for me.
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(12-18-2012, 06:21 PM)Saty Wrote: but the second one is in a lot of cases a shadow of the first game.
Could you tell me what you are basing this off of besides your gut feeling? The "screaming pigs in chinatown" which was shown is basically just a monster encounter like the one we're all so familiar with in the original Amnesia.

Image by BandyGrass
12-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Find
Saty Offline

Threads: 1

(12-18-2012, 06:24 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 06:21 PM)Saty Wrote: but the second one is in a lot of cases a shadow of the first game.
Could you tell me what you are basing this off of besides your gut feeling? The "screaming pigs in chinatown" which was shown is basically just a monster encounter like the one we're all so familiar with in the original Amnesia.
Instict hasn't fooled me before.Don't underestimate your instincts.I watched the dark knight rises trailer and i knew the movie would be absolute shit, and then when i watched i realised i was right.I said i could be wrong, would like to be wrong on this one.

(12-18-2012, 06:24 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
I don't think this game will suck, it just won't live up to the original nor surpass it.
My insticts have been fairly accurate in the past, i would love to be wrong but we shall see.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012, 06:35 PM by Saty.)
12-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Find