Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 31 Vote(s) - 3.68 Average
Tenebris Lake Full Conversion
devin413 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Tenebris Lake Full Conversion

and this is Tenebris Lake style

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012, 07:21 PM by devin413.)
06-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Okay guys, come on... I watched Cry play this to save me some time, but I can say the map layout WAS a bit confusing, but understandable. It definitely was hard to see, and is a bit of a responsibility to the creators to fix. I would never make players go into my story to fix something intentionally. I would apply an updated version. Telling your players and fans to go fix it themselves is a collapse of atmosphere and a bit of a arrogant gesture. I went through Oh Silent Night for about a half hour, fixing every single lightsource because I was repeatedly told it was lagging the game, whether it was constructive or rude. Take some time, perhaps a day to perfect things and be patient with people. Fighting with people because they did not give feedback politely only stoops you to their level. I can honestly say it would have been a bit more atmospheric if you took the time to "enlighten" the environment and would have prevented me from squinting so often as well as retrieved a more proper response. While I say, perhaps people DO make rude remarks, please have patience ad listen to them. I'm sure you'd be better regarded as a lenient and caring mod creator than one who will only fight back rather than assess the situation. "Woooo-saaahhh!"

As for the story, I have come to the conclusion that this mod is more based upon scares and presentation. I must say... I love how the
Spoiler below!
crawling enemy
was presented. I was not expecting it and it was very well done. If you had wanted to be more story-based, perhaps you should've set your mind on that more. But again, if you were not, that is fine, that's your decision as the creator. The sole purpose of a creator of a game or mod is to listen to the feedback of it's players to find out what the public wants. I'm sure you have wanted a game of yours to have something, such as co-op, multiplayer, yada yada. How would it feel if the creator said, "We don't care that you want multiplayer, we're making what we want." Their fanbase would collapse like a demolished building. Understand? You make mods and games not only to express your artistic talents, but to please your players.

In all, I can say this wasn't too bad. I feel it needed more, but I'm unsure if the creators are willing to go back on it and that's unfortunate. All this effort didn't match the result. I suggest listening to feedback, no matter how harsh it may sound, whether they may curse or throw chairs, you have to hold back whatever is inside of you to make them happy. That's what we do as creators.

=]
06-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Find
SUMMER^ Offline

Threads: 6

(06-09-2012, 05:27 PM)Statyk Wrote: Okay guys, come on... I watched Cry play this to save me some time, but I can say the map layout WAS a bit confusing, but understandable. It definitely was hard to see, and is a bit of a responsibility to the creators to fix. I would never make players go into my story to fix something intentionally. I would apply an updated version. Telling your players and fans to go fix it themselves is a collapse of atmosphere and a bit of a arrogant gesture. I went through Oh Silent Night for about a half hour, fixing every single lightsource because I was repeatedly told it was lagging the game, whether it was constructive or rude. Take some time, perhaps a day to perfect things and be patient with people. Fighting with people because they did not give feedback politely only stoops you to their level. I can honestly say it would have been a bit more atmospheric if you took the time to "enlighten" the environment and would have prevented me from squinting so often as well as retrieved a more proper response. While I say, perhaps people DO make rude remarks, please have patience ad listen to them. I'm sure you'd be better regarded as a lenient and caring mod creator than one who will only fight back rather than assess the situation. "Woooo-saaahhh!"

(snip)

In all, I can say this wasn't too bad. I feel it needed more, but I'm unsure if the creators are willing to go back on it and that's unfortunate. All this effort didn't match the result. I suggest listening to feedback, no matter how harsh it may sound, whether they may curse or throw chairs, you have to hold back whatever is inside of you to make them happy. That's what we do as creators.

=]
Thanks for the feedback. Although I am not one of the creators of the mod, I did work on it a bit, and I can say that the creators have listened to A LOT of what people have suggested, such as
  • Mementos added in several locations players were getting confused at
  • New notes added to make the story more clear to the player (though you are right when you say it's a more scare-oriented mod. You can see my post a few pages back if you're interested in knowing the full story behind it.)
  • Grammar + item description fix (to make the use a bit easier to figure out)
  • Many general bugfixes, etc.
I think that the issue with the lighting was that they felt it was fine as it was and didn't want to make any adjustments to the lighting based on that, although I agree some parts could use a little work (such as the house at the beginning)
I can't speak for the creators, but that's just my take on things. They seem to be pretty responsive (though I can't comment on stuff that goes on in PMs)

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012, 10:13 AM by SUMMER^.)
06-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Find
Flash4u13 Offline

Threads: 2

What is the song of the intro?
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

I'd like to know why you added Cry of Fear music in? Isn't it like, copyrighted?

06-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Find
devin413 Offline

whe asked them and they said whe can use it
whe just need to give them credits for it.

Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2012, 04:11 PM by devin413.)
06-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Find
Flash4u13 Offline

Threads: 2

(06-11-2012, 02:54 PM)GrAVit Wrote: I'd like to know why you added Cry of Fear music in? Isn't it like, copyrighted
No, uh, about the intro song?
like this:

skip to 00:20
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2012, 02:57 AM by Flash4u13.)
06-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Find
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

hi i tried playing this custom story but im too scared to continue
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Find
devin413 Offline

haha xD nice too hear thx.

Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Find
Xen0 Offline

Threads: 0

Hey I need your help .. if I have the. exe or. bat file to run, a window opens "Black Box". It shows me an error .. Can you help me please? $
06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Find