Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Admit One

Yep, Walter. Yep... have suffered through some freak accidents because of it lol.

@Ash: Yeah, I have a very simplistic knowledge of his theories. I do seem to fit the bill haha.
10-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

(10-05-2013, 12:27 AM)Cuyir Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I like having stuff in my mouth and playing with stuff with my mouth, lips and tongue. Also, i'll inb4rudejokes right now :( It's a weird tic/habit/something. When i'm doing anything (doing homework, reading, playing videogames, ANYTHING) and I have something near me that my mind categorizes as ''good enough'' I pick it up and begin playing with it, in my mouth.
Example, as I typed this, i've been moving a broken paperclip in my mouth. Letting it hang on my bottom lip, turning it over with my tongue...etc. I used to chew pencils but the really gross taste beat out my tic. Replaced pens and pencils with "flavorless" items (like the paperclip). I also bite my nails and fingers. I don't know why but I like the feel of biting nails and fingers and playing around with stuff in my mouth >_>
I feel it's a great stress reliever. If i'm in a public space and I get the urge and suppress it I sometimes get a bit uneasy. Not a smoker, surprisingly enough, though I DID love those old school fake candy cigarettes stores sold.
It's actually an incredible stress reliever to bite/chew things (... I definitely don't bite things, nope - and I definitely don't prefer chomping on headphones and icecubes - and most certainly never in public). I'm pretty sure it's not super unhealthy (excluding possibly being electrocuted or ending up with poisoning) unless you start biting on yourself to inflict pain. Then that's something you might want to stop before it gets too serious (because that's considered self harm).

TL;DR - I'm pretty sure chewing on things is normal - kids do it, stressed out people do it, we buy things for babies so they can do it without injuring themselves, you're not doing too bad c:

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 05:16 AM by CarnivorousJelly.)
10-05-2013, 05:15 AM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

One of my stress relievers or something i'm addicted to is playing with lighters. I keep doing dumb shit with them, which usually ends up with some hair on my arm burned off. Also everyone thinks i'm secretly a smoker (which i'm not) because i always keep lighters with me.

Another thing

I'm really vulnerable to peer pressure

and another thing

I seem to only attract girls that are either atleast 5 years older than me or 5 years younger than me

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(10-05-2013, 12:48 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: Cuyir: If I believed in Freud's theories, I would say you have an oral stage fixation... Tongue

Speaking of Freudian theory:

For reasons that are still unavailable to me, between the ages of around 10 to 15 I was convinced that a.) my father was plotting to kill me, or to arrange my murder, and b.) my mother was trying to seduce me and would purposely make sausages for me as a way of communicating her desires. I could go into much more detail about both, but suffice it to say I'd be banned and possibly brought up on charges for the transmission of obscene materials if I did.

Of course, neither my father nor my mother had any such designs on me. I have no idea why these ideas started, or why they ended. A glitch in the puberty matrix, I suppose.
10-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

you know those times where you randomly just think something really horrible that you'd never do but your mind kind of just jumps to it on it's own like if you're at a subway thinking "i could push someone onto the tracks right now" or while your driving something like "i could smash this car into oncoming traffic by just twisting my hand" etc etc

yeah well apparently those are called intrusive thoughts and when paired with OCD they can consume your mind and you end up applying them to every situation and you can't not see everything through the lense of "how could i seriously fuck up everything i this situation"

yeah well i have mild OCD and there was like a 6-8 month period a few months ago where that sorta shit was all i could think about constantly and i was like 70% sure i was actually a sociopath or something for a while and it was terrifying and i didn't realize that that sort of occurrence can be linked to OCD until earlier this week so yeah i was convinced i just lost my mind for a while

was pretty terrible and i haven't really talked about it with anyone up until i found that out earlier for p obvious reasons

Posting Freak
10-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Website Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-05-2013, 10:36 AM)Paddy Wrote: Speaking of Freudian theory:

For reasons that are still unavailable to me, between the ages of around 10 to 15 I was convinced that a.) my father was plotting to kill me, or to arrange my murder, and b.) my mother was trying to seduce me and would purposely make sausages for me as a way of communicating her desires. I could go into much more detail about both, but suffice it to say I'd be banned and possibly brought up on charges for the transmission of obscene materials if I did.

Of course, neither my father nor my mother had any such designs on me. I have no idea why these ideas started, or why they ended. A glitch in the puberty matrix, I suppose.

Hmm... Are you sure that's how it happened? I suspect that you were the one who was planning to kill your father and seduce your mother, you freaky pervert! Tongue (Besides, it would fit the theory of the Oedipus Complex...)

10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(10-05-2013, 12:37 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: seduce your mother, you freaky pervert! Tongue

I've seen some of his recent posts and judging by those...I don't think Paddy is interested in women

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
10-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Seems like some of you have what is medically considered as a mental problem of sorts(if what you say is true). I highly advise those of you who feel a bit off to visit a psychologist for advice. Acceptance won't bring you anything new, but will keep you inside the loop. What do you have to loose?
Feeling ok doesn't mean you can't feel better. The hardest path is always the most rewarding one.

No disrespect at all. My intentions are the best.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
10-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-05-2013, 02:12 PM)Dogfood Wrote: I've seen some of his recent posts and judging by those...I don't think Paddy is interested in women

There is more to Paddy than meets the eye. Big Grin

10-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(10-05-2013, 12:08 PM)Kman Wrote: you know those times where you randomly just think something really horrible that you'd never do but your mind kind of just jumps to it on it's own like if you're at a subway thinking "i could push someone onto the tracks right now" or while your driving something like "i could smash this car into oncoming traffic by just twisting my hand" etc etc

yeah well apparently those are called intrusive thoughts and when paired with OCD they can consume your mind and you end up applying them to every situation and you can't not see everything through the lense of "how could i seriously fuck up everything i this situation"

yeah well i have mild OCD and there was like a 6-8 month period a few months ago where that sorta shit was all i could think about constantly and i was like 70% sure i was actually a sociopath or something for a while and it was terrifying and i didn't realize that that sort of occurrence can be linked to OCD until earlier this week so yeah i was convinced i just lost my mind for a while

was pretty terrible and i haven't really talked about it with anyone up until i found that out earlier for p obvious reasons
And I thought I was the only one.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Find