Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Old Games Freakin' Rock
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Old Games Freakin' Rock

I almost forgot, the best tetris game: The Next Tetris.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Knowing Evil Alliance, who owns the Tetris trademark, the Next Tetris will probably be an MMS on the frostbite engine staring an American Commando called Steven Block, and the only time youll play tetris itself is as a computer hacking programme, where it will be a QTE were you just press U-S-A in time to some screenieprompts to ensure the blocks fall right, mark my words.. stick to the 8 bit gameboy original, thats the best one. no gimmicks, no power-ups, just a feircely difficult little puzzler with a cool MIDI themesong, just as it should be.

(yes, i am serious, i genuinely expect EA to put the tetris name on a modern military dubstep shooter, i really woudln't put it past them, cause "evry fule kno military shootas rawk!11! puzzlez is for old trollz ppplz!!111!!!" and all that youtube comment console market, sub Molesworth of class 4b rubbish)

seriously, when was the last time you saw a puzzler from a mainstream publisher?

man, speaking of MIDI, anyone else miss REALLY rocking game soundtracks on SOUNDBLASTER cards?

like this one?
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012, 11:28 PM by the dark side.)
12-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Did you seriously just accuse Tetris of turning into a CoD clone ded I am ded.

Posting Freak
12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(12-27-2012, 07:46 PM)the dark side Wrote: Hunter, i have found 6 used system shock 2 games on amazon, ranging from 38 dollars for just the disk in scratched but functioning condition, to over 200 dollars for a pristine box and manual and unused disk copy. so, no, its not impossible to get it, just nigh on impossible. same issue for a lot of old games, hey, you try getting a pristine wolfenstein 3d these days! im lucky ive still got mine, fully functioning, boxes, manuals, the add ons, all on Floppy Diskette of all things, as i dont think ill be able to replace it with a physical copy, only a GOG datafile. wich kinda sucks,as to me, you just cant beat a box and manual and disk/diskette physical copy.

Okay

It's impossible to get System shock 2 legally without paying way more then it's worth, happy now?

Friggin nitpicking grot
12-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(12-27-2012, 09:53 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Also does anyone played Heroes of Might and Magic IV? Best in the series IMO. Yes, I've played III.

It was interesting. Had a roleplay vibe to it, although I personally could never really get into it. So I just stick with Heroes III. Big Grin

What is your favorite part about it?

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2012, 05:35 AM by MyRedNeptune.)
12-28-2012, 05:34 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(12-28-2012, 05:34 AM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 09:53 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Also does anyone played Heroes of Might and Magic IV? Best in the series IMO. Yes, I've played III.

It was interesting. Had a roleplay vibe to it, although I personally could never really get into it. So I just stick with Heroes III. Big Grin

What is your favorite part about it?
Two things: campaigns and campaign editor.

The Heroes of Might and Magic IV campaigns have some of the best stories I've ever played in a video game. Characters are well-developed with compelling personalities and back stories, especially Gauldoth in the Half-Dead campaign and that girl from the Pirate's Daughter campaign. The plots of each campaign have powerful themes and are extremely thought-provoking, with special regard to Price of Peace. Whoever wrote all the text is a genius, with arguably the storytelling abilities equal to many other great fantasy authors, and should be a novelist.

The campaign editor for IV is also very powerful, it's almost like its own game-making engine. There are some scenarios made for IV with insanely difficult battles or extremely innovative plot and gameplay design. Properly made maps in IV can feel like games straight out of RPG Maker.

III was a very fun game as well. I especially liked the difficulty of its AI (which is known to be cheating and aggressive) as well as the largely orchestrated soundtrack, with special mention towards the battle themes as well as some of the castle factions. I did feel, however, that the stories of its campaigns were vastly inferior to IV's and all boiled down to the old Life faction vs. Death faction theme. The Complete edition had some more intriguing scenarios and campaigns, specifically the battles against Sandro. I thought that his story was a lot more interesting than the original campaigns about the restoration of Erathia. Armaggedon's Blade expansion also had a very interesting campaign, Dragon Slayer, which is famed for its fucktarded difficulty.

[Image: p229xcq]
12-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(12-27-2012, 03:01 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 12:20 PM)Googolplex Wrote: - Gothic
- Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
- World Racing
- Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed
- Need For Speed: High Stakes (& previous)

I never play shooters in principle. Shooters are breaking EVERY kind of gamedesign ideology.
Because they are made for fun. A totally no-go of intellectual game development. I think, we should stop thinking a game is made for fun, the true goal of a decent game is the whole earnestly experience filled with sad emotions which let you think about yourself, about good and evil, and that you need a big brain to understand logics.

Not an action kaboom superhero crap for mainstream casuals.

LEVELZ OF HYPOCRYZY ARE OFF TEH CHARTZ!!!

What so this means If I wanted to finish Dark Room 2 I'd have to make a compelling plot about the meme's lifes on how miserable they are to make the player realize they actually have a neat life and should be thankful?
Yes. I want to cry at the tragedy that is Nyan Cat's meth addiction.
(12-28-2012, 02:26 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 07:46 PM)the dark side Wrote: herpdiderp
Okay

It's impossible to get System shock 2 legally without paying way more then it's worth, happy now?

Friggin nitpicking grot
Don't feed the troll.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(12-28-2012, 02:23 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 03:01 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 07:46 PM)the dark side Wrote: herpdiderp
Okay

Friggin nitpicking grot
Don't feed the troll.

Please don't fight.

GUYS, THE ARCADE GAME:

BLOODY ROAR!!!!

The game was soooo hard to beat. Unfortunately, it was basically just a game about furries fighting. But it was still a B/A fighting game.

(12-28-2012, 06:17 AM)Chronofox Wrote: III was a very fun game as well. I especially liked the difficulty of its AI (which is known to be cheating and aggressive) as well as the largely orchestrated soundtrack, with special mention towards the battle themes as well as some of the castle factions. I did feel, however, that the stories of its campaigns were vastly inferior to IV's and all boiled down to the old Life faction vs. Death faction theme. The Complete edition had some more intriguing scenarios and campaigns, specifically the battles against Sandro. I thought that his story was a lot more interesting than the original campaigns about the restoration of Erathia. Armaggedon's Blade expansion also had a very interesting campaign, Dragon Slayer, which is famed for its fucktarded difficulty.

Hell yeah, my favorite game!! Dude, Heroes III of Might and Magic: Complete Edition. I still play it. I use COG to play the game. If anyone still has it, we should set up a game day <33333

I'll kick all your asses <33333 ;3

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2012, 04:00 PM by crisosphinx.)
12-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

please, guys, ive got mechant on block, for the good of my funny bone, kindly dont put up his posts, ill bust a lung laughing at his pathetic ineptitude, mind numbing moronity, and sheer unbridled hypocrisy (sings the praises of MMS, then calls me a troll, sorry, but in my dictionary, liking MMS is the biggest troll trait of the lot) if i see another one of them. thanks.

checked my games collection this morning. found a real old gem, one of the first FPS games to have objectives and a Storyline, "Star wars: Dark Forces". anyone else got this one? or at least its sequal, Jedi Knight? what do you quys think of them, i love them, i feel the capture the proper star wars universe fantastically (im one of these "hardcore" star wars nuts who rank episodes 1 2 and 3 as non cannon and only recognise the original triology of episodes 4 5 and 6. even if i personally always think of BTAS/TNBA Joker before Luke Skywalker when i think of Mark Hamill.), have great gameplay, with fantastic doom style blasting, clever level design, great puzzles, and interesting and varied objectives, superb sound effects, and they really moved thw FPS on, helping to usher in the silver era of the genre, perhaps my favourite era of the 2.

(12-27-2012, 11:35 PM)Kman Wrote: Did you seriously just accuse Tetris of turning into a CoD clone ded I am ded.

no k man, im just saying i would not be suprised if EA slapped the tetris name onto a cod clone at some point in the future, (now they have axed nu-moh due to warfarters deserved flopping, they need a new ip to replace it), thinking no one in the games purchasing community now would remember the originals (as they think everyone is 12 years old, from Mid west ohio, and on xbox360) and would snaffle it up thinking it was a new MMS IP. thats just the sort of thing i imagine EA doing. they aint called Evil Alliance for nothing, come on, they even slapped the NFS (only the first 6 games get the full wording from me) name onto a cod clone (teh runz), so, why not the tetris name?

theres a point, when was the LAST good EA published game? i say 2005, Timesplitters: future perfect. what would you say? speaking of Splitters, i am VERY suprised no one has mentioned them yet!

also, what? no one likes Midi music? come on fellahs!
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM by the dark side.)
12-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

What is MMS other than Multimedia Messaging Service? Because I can't remember praising that.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Find