Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unplayable
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Unplayable

str1990 Wrote:I can't play it anymore... I got to the room where you get chased by 2 zombies and you have to get a strange green thing from a big glass container. I have no ida how i managed to get there with this framerate that i started getting. Now it is just like i am looking at screenshots that are changing every 2 seconds. I can't do anything. I restarted, closed everything (including Explorer) and tried it but it was the same Sad. I didn't have problems with Overture, the demo of Black Plague and the begining of the full game. I have a good computer with 1GB RAM, 256Mb and 3gHZ processor. I play Quake4 without any problems but i can't play Penumbra: Black Plague Sad.
Please help me.

Edit: I also tried turning everything (graphics mostly) to minimum.
well maby your graghics card not up to date? did you try to turn evrything in the graghics option down to low?
03-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Find
bigparty Offline

Threads: 0

the patch doesn't fix my problem!!!! please help!!! the game is still unplayable for me!!! shit!!!!!!!
03-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Find
fmgt98
Unregistered

After downloading the patch from gamersgate and installing it, it does not fix my problems as well. I am still experiencing serious lag and sputtering within the game. Can anyone please help?
03-08-2008, 09:33 PM
abnaxus Offline

With the patch the game works just fine, no more low fps !
03-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Find
bigparty Offline

bigparty Wrote:the patch doesn't fix my problem!!!! please help!!! the game is still unplayable for me!!! shit!!!!!!!

???? can someone help me?
03-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Find
MercenaryForHire Offline

Threads: 4

I hit this bug as well in the Chemical Labs, while
Spoiler below!
running into the room where you obtain Substance 65

Being lagging like mad is a bad combination when being attacked by two of them, and needing to barricade a door. I don't see what exactly would make it do that. There shouldn't be any AI running (they're just idling on the other side of the door until you hit the trigger point) and it's certainly not an intensive room.

Rest of the game ran perfectly fine with everything on (except motion blur) at 1280x1024.
03-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Find
bothered Offline

Hi all,
I've been trying to post here for a week. Thank you whoever turned my account on. I had to report a post just get in touch with somebody.
Anyway, I've got the same laggy problem. At first the game played fine, then occasional lag but restarting the game would cure it. As I progressed through the game it got worse, I knew if it was going to lag as the cursor on the menu screen would\wouldn't lag. Eventually even restarting the game half a dozen times wouldn't cure it so I looked and found this forum. I did all the suggested fixs but none of them make any difference. My PC spec is more than enough. Where I'm up to now is when I want to play I restart the PC first and the game plays fine but I have to restart it every time I want to play, don't have a problem with any other game. The problem is in the game, not my PC. I also downloaded Overture. I have only tried it for now but it seems fine, but so did BP at first, we shall see.
04-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Find
missigno Offline

Hello,I was going to try the game when it needs all dll files,and when i had them this comes out:
"The procedure entry point SDL_LoadObject could not be located in the dynamic link library SDL.dll."
was it fualty or something?
04-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Find