Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Can they create Amnesia Co-Op ?

(04-06-2012, 04:52 PM)CreAtive320 Wrote: If Frictional Games would make Amnesia Co-Op... :O they must eb awesome think about it 2-4 players playing Amnesia helping each other it would be awesome . So please make it Co-Op
Here's a straight question or two:
- Do you find it scarier to go into a dark basement alone, or with your friends?
- Do you find it scarier to explore the whole basement by yourself, or only the fourth which you and your friends agreed upon?
- Do you find it scarier when a monster runs after you, or when you watch it run after your friend while you eat popcorn?

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Amnesia isn't exactly the kind of game that would work as co-op. It's too based on the idea of you being 'alone'. If you wanna play amnesia with your friends, just play it on one computer Tongue

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
04-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

It's this thread again...
There are countless thread about this in forums, please search and read them through.
To prevent further inconvenience and flame wars, I'll lock this thread.

04-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Website Find
JPPaperstacks Offline

Threads: 4
RE: New Amnesia, multiplayer ?

(02-20-2012, 07:29 PM)Atwa Wrote:
(02-20-2012, 04:34 PM)zober Wrote: How can you be so sure? Haha.
Try playing a horror game with a friend, ANY and just have them sitting next to you. Or watch a movie you find scary. There is nothing scary left, trust me I have tried.
You've obviously never played Doom 3 co-op. I think 2 player co-op would be a fantastic idea, at least as a component rather than a total overhaul. Custom stories would be improved ten fold, and there could be a side campaign, like Justine- short and meant to please in all the best ways. Starting the players in two different areas and having in game chat so that you can only speak to another person if they're near which is a great addition in most multiplayer games in the first place. The whole reason I got here was to rebuke something as silly as it ruining the game, if you wouldn't like it it isn't like all you would have to do is stick to solo. It's a great idea to implement real world scenarios, and if being with another person happens sometimes then so be it. I don't know about you, but I would enjoy having some social Amnesia. Big Grin

04-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

I think a 2-player-coop would work pretty well. Remember how Resident Evil or Alone in the Dark used to give you two different singleplayer stories depending on which character you chose? In a coop-mode these two stories could happen at the same time. I'd definitely like to try that.
Just like in any other coop-game the experience would just depend on wether you have found a good partner to play with. Look at all those "funny" playthroughs uploaded in hundreds. Just don't pick one of those guys but someone in a similar mood as you and you should have a great experience.
A real coop-mode sounds at least far more reasonable to me than playing the same singleplayer while chatting on Skype.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 04:49 PM by bobbo.)
04-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Find
JPPaperstacks Offline

(04-29-2012, 04:31 PM)bobbo Wrote: I think a 2-player-coop would work pretty well. Remember how Resident Evil or Alone in the Dark used to give you two different singleplayer stories depending on which character you chose? In a coop-mode these two stories could happen at the same time. I'd definitely like to try that.
Just like in any other coop-game the experience would just depend on wether you have found a good partner to play with. Look at all those "funny" playthroughs uploaded in hundereds. Just don't pick one of those guys but someone in a similar mood as you and you should have a great experience.
A real coop-mode sounds far more reasonable to me than playing the same singleplayer while chatting on Skype at least.
The two stories happening at the same time is an interesting idea, if not just an added character that begins in secret areas that you encounter throughout single player but can never really get into- and travels through those secret areas, which are totally connected and window the other path, interacting with things that could help the other player or stop them in their tracks. Say one option would take the heat off of a player and make the monsters less common in his area, by blocking off an entrance that causes the servants to go in the only other direction they can- towards the other player, in large waves, forcing him to react with some other course besides hiding or running, blocking doors with larger objects, or the usual. Even if they completely avoid multiplayer and co-op, and I'm certain they will; they could at least have some NPC's that give us some sort of deeper hope than whimpering in shrouded corners and throwing potatoes across the room and running like hell. I wanna see NPC's get ripped to shreds in front of me, or maybe even conquer a grunt or two? At least.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 04:46 PM by JPPaperstacks.)
04-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

In short: Not going to happen

04-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Find
hiippari Offline

would be amazing Smile
04-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

What are the odds that everyone in your group will get Amnesia? Tongue

I rate it 3 memes.
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

@Atwa trying to claim playing a horror game with a friend removes all fear is absurd and patently untrue, while you're correct it can to a great deal tone down the horror and fear, to say it always does is ludicrous, try playing a horror game with a friend when you're both just as scared as each other

I see people do "co-op" run throughs of amnesia on vent or skype all the time, where they both play at the same time in the same places, and they still get scared shitless all the time, sometimes worse off then if they played alone.

Anyways...what Tanshaydar said, this topic has been brought up a great deal, and the only difference here is it's about the new game, but to be frank AMNESIA DOES NOT NEED MULTIPLAYER AND NEVER WILL

I am so sick of people thinking a game NEEDS multiplayer, it doesn't, just look at Skyrim, it is proof that you can have hours upon hours(in Skyrim's case 300+ hours) of fun in singleplayer
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Website Find