Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE)
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Bitterwood Peak (RELEASE)

Does this mod has cheapscares?
04-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

No it does not.

Thanks, WIWWM. Those were things I meant to fix before I uploaded it, but forgot. They're very minor, so that's no problem. Also, I play with hints off, so I never thought about that message. Oops!

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM by Streetboat.)
04-26-2013, 12:21 AM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1

(04-26-2013, 12:21 AM)Streetboat Wrote: No it does not.

Going to play this one then
04-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

(04-26-2013, 12:21 AM)Streetboat Wrote: No it does not.

Thanks, WIWWM. Those were things I meant to fix before I uploaded it, but forgot. They're very minor, so that's no problem. Also, I play with hints off, so I never thought about that message. Oops!

Anytime ill come back and edit as I find any more Big Grin

04-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Hello sir. I played it a little to see the design and such, but i gave up playing at the
Spoiler below!
piano part. I can't hear anything with that many ambient sounds! there's even a second piano playing, i can't hear what notes to play.
that pissed me off and i quit. lol.

But the design is amazing. Is the best thing about this mod.
I'm just curious, how much time you spent doing the house?
Because not only you were precise and careful on every plane piece, you also had them inclined. And working with inclined planes and making them fit is x3 work.

When it comes to level design you first think what you want to do, and last how difficult it may be. That's awesome.

Hey, that snowy wind effect outside, i've never seen it in amnesia, is it custom?

In level design i give you a 10/10. But on gameplay or puzzles... don't kill me, but i didn't like it, that thing of making items appear and disappear is just wrong. lol.
I tried to like it, but i couldn't.

Spoiler below!
Maybe it's just me, but it don't appreciate having to go and search all over again the entire level every time i advance a step on the game.
Mostly because i'm completely sure i checked up everything before.

Sure, you get those tips from the guy, but things like the piano puzzle, how do you realize that at some point in the game you can interact with some of its keys?
Or the hidden tape inside the clock, you know it wasn't there before, why would you go and check again?

Oh, and about the enemies
Spoiler below!
Why the dogs? everything but the penumbra dogs, i prefer having a -i don't know-, a talking drawer.
They don't scare me at all, they are more annoying than scary.
I just ignore them and sometimes i even let them kill me (if they keep following me and hitting).

Also they are silent or something, they just appear at random and annoy you all the way out.
That's all i have to say, great features and great map design!

04-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks for the feedback, I'll respond in kind-

First, you must have encountered a bug with the script not loading properly, because I made every effort to make the sound effects not stack on top of each other, and when you touch the piano, it mutes the background music for 5 seconds. It's supposed to, at any rate.

As for the progression, think about it- if you saw something (for example,
Spoiler below!
the mallet
on the wall, will you immediately take it? If you have no need for that item at that particular time, you won't pay any attention to it in real life. One thing I hated about Amnesia was that items you needed glowed blue, all the time. How is the player supposed to know that's going to be useful in the future? Is he precognitive? I preferred to make it so that it has a natural and realistic order of progression. The whole point was to make you backtrack and pay attention to everything, and feel kind of like you're actually trapped in an abandoned lodge, trying to solve the puzzles of a dead madman, all the while escaping death. I know the dogs aren't scary, I wasn't trying to scare people. I was trying to keep them on the edge of their toes. The real nature of the mod is in the story, not the monster design.

04-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(gentleman voice)Hello sir, your modification can be quite difficult at times and I have made it to a point were a must ask for assistance:
Spoiler below!

I have made it to the part were I have the small key, I have tried using it on the hatch in the wine cellar, the closet in the desktop upstairs(the room with the newspapers) as well as that door right across the pool/fun room. I have searched the entire house and have no clue what or where this little thing is and I am now clueless.

My current inventory:
tape by front door(first one)
tape by dead body
tape by newspapers
tape player
little key
cellphone recharger
some painkillers

should be it

04-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

a
(04-26-2013, 09:38 AM)Streetboat Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, I'll respond in kind-

First, you must have encountered a bug with the script not loading properly, because I made every effort to make the sound effects not stack on top of each other, and when you touch the piano, it mutes the background music for 5 seconds. It's supposed to, at any rate.

As for the progression, think about it- if you saw something (for example,
Spoiler below!
the mallet
on the wall, will you immediately take it? If you have no need for that item at that particular time, you won't pay any attention to it in real life. One thing I hated about Amnesia was that items you needed glowed blue, all the time. How is the player supposed to know that's going to be useful in the future? Is he precognitive? I preferred to make it so that it has a natural and realistic order of progression. The whole point was to make you backtrack and pay attention to everything, and feel kind of like you're actually trapped in an abandoned lodge, trying to solve the puzzles of a dead madman, all the while escaping death. I know the dogs aren't scary, I wasn't trying to scare people. I was trying to keep them on the edge of their toes. The real nature of the mod is in the story, not the monster design.

Streetboat is right, first I was thinking like a Amn it's hard to progress sometimes, but this time it's really unique how Streetboat make those puzzles and you seriously have to think a lot when recorder rolls and tells you little hints. Yes, I first hated why afterwards some objects can be move and items appears after listening that tape. That's the point here, make player really think where next tape will be. That's what makes this mod so unique and special, yeah I have to say dogs was too annoying at times and I want to kill myself couple times to make them disappear. Piano puzzle was a little complicated, but it takes to time remember notes and you have to listen that many times to get that puzzle.

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013, 03:03 PM by HumiliatioN.)
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

(04-26-2013, 11:04 AM)martinnord Wrote: (gentleman voice)Hello sir, your modification can be quite difficult at times and I have made it to a point were a must ask for assistance:
Spoiler below!

I have made it to the part were I have the small key, I have tried using it on the hatch in the wine cellar, the closet in the desktop upstairs(the room with the newspapers) as well as that door right across the pool/fun room. I have searched the entire house and have no clue what or where this little thing is and I am now clueless.

My current inventory:
tape by front door(first one)
tape by dead body
tape by newspapers
tape player
little key
cellphone recharger
some painkillers

should be it

Spoiler below!

If you're talking about the key you got from the newspapers, you use it on the room downstairs, one door down the hall from the bathroom. If you're talking about the other small key you get after that one, then you use it on the footlocker in the upstairs bedroom, the one that's open to the lobby.

04-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

started playing this story...

Dayyuum, i think its the first time my Amnesia lags so much *cough* second level

despite the lag/low fps, it looks good so far

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM by Nice.)
04-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Find