Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fantastic Anti-piracy Statement
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43
Fantastic Anti-piracy Statement

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/29/th...asure-ever

The forum posts from the pirates are shockingly ironic.
04-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Fantastic Anti-piracy Statement

Very clever indeed. A bit heavy-handed, but clever.

Cue long and heated debate about the ethics of piracy.
04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

That's just beautiful. I really like it! ^^
Funny that no one seemed to be making the connection...

Don't want to be on a high horse here, I've pirated my fair share of games in my life too. I've completely stopped doing that quite a while ago though... (And, to save my last shred of honor: I never stole an indie game. Big Grin)
After some self-reflection I came to the conclusion that the only real reason I ever did it, was because it was so much more convenient than waiting for an ordered box to arrive from the UK or getting the stupid, translated version from the local shop... which is not an issue anymore, due to the convenience of Steam and the like.
Now, I'm slowly buying every game that I have a cracked version of again. Even the really old ones, the devs may not see any money anymore, but at least I'm supporting GoG there. Wink
04-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(04-29-2013, 01:17 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: That's just beautiful. I really like it! ^^
Funny that no one seemed to be making the connection...

Don't want to be on a high horse here, I've pirated my fair share of games in my life too. I've completely stopped doing that quite a while ago though... (And, to save my last shred of honor: I never stole an indie game. Big Grin)
After some self-reflection I came to the conclusion that the only real reason I ever did it, was because it was so much more convenient than waiting for an ordered box to arrive from the UK or getting the stupid, translated version from the local shop... which is not an issue anymore, due to the convenience of Steam and the like.
Now, I'm slowly buying every game that I have a cracked version of again. Even the really old ones, the devs may not see any money anymore, but at least I'm supporting GoG there. Wink
Wasn't something we all needed to know.
04-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

Hrm - I actually pirate lots of games... which I then will try out once or twice. If I don't like it, I remove it. If I do like it, I buy the actual thing. I only do this if the game is over €30 and has no demo.

S'what devs get for not releasing demos anymore. I'm not prepared to spend a lot of money on a game I'm not sure I'll like.
04-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I only pirate games that were more than 20 bucks. Such as L4D2.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Find
rtjhbfvsrry Offline

Threads: 1

Hah, not a justification.
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(04-29-2013, 02:02 PM)Funderbunk Wrote: Hrm - I actually pirate lots of games... which I then will try out once or twice. If I don't like it, I remove it. If I do like it, I buy the actual thing. I only do this if the game is over €30 and has no demo.

S'what devs get for not releasing demos anymore. I'm not prepared to spend a lot of money on a game I'm not sure I'll like.

Ditto. Binding Of Isaac, Sanctum, Blur and Need For Speed Carbon; all are legitimate now (except TBOI soundtrack which for whatever reason was supposed to come with my Most Unholy Edition box but didnt).

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is also on my legitimate list, and so will AAMFP.

Another I also will admit to is redownloading rips of the Good Ol' PSX games which I did have legitimately at some point. Those were the days...

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Rapture Wrote:Wasn't something we all needed to know.
...having a bad day, eh? Sorry for that man - I hope it gets better. Smile

When it comes down to it, almost nothing that gets posted in this entire forum or pretty much any forum on the internet is something you, I, or anyone else really needs to know to go on with life. But that's just the internet in a nutshell for ya...
04-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

I've begun doing the same thing as some other peeps here. I've begun buying more games and pirating less. Why? Because pirating is become to complicated for me and I'd rather just pay the price instead of messing about with programs and stuff, and also because the games I've bought recently has been games I've waited for a long time e.g. Skyrim or SCII-HotS.

The only games I pirate now are games that aren't available for purchase anymore like SWAT 4 and such.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
04-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Find